BUILD THREAD Project Olds Cool (Recognition!!)

spidereyes455

G-Body Guru
Mar 6, 2013
Northeastern PA
That brown one was actually not too bad considering it spent a decade outside in the far snowy north. One could almost consider it "rust free" considering where you live :ROFLMAO: . Keep up the great work, always look forward to your updates.

Reactions: 1 users

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Good lord, your body guy sucks... 🤪

Takes the easy way out and gets a GOOD door to work on. Challenged and failed. Guess he ain't got no skilz…

haha! Just yankin' yer chain! It's going to be a great door when finished!

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
glad to hear you're on the mend & back @ it.Mr D.that stinks you can't get the 2021 anymore,i love it for my projects.I'm super bummed my jobber replaced DCC w/shopline.the concept's nice stuff.Scott's rite,that dc 3000-4000 is a nice production clear.

Reactions: 2 users

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Hey Donovan, "Nothing like the smell of gun wash in the morning" to clear up that stuffy head feeling. Those friggin' doors, we went through 6 before we finally settled on 2, and they still needed work, so most certainly feel your pain. Repairs look great; us mere mortals will humbly follow along.

sh*t Brian, if the smell of gunwash first thing in the morning was all it took to clear my sinuses right now, they’d have been clear days ago!
😅

Doors are sure an issue for us up here aren’t they? I don’t know about for your car, but my body style was only a 3 year run, so that makes finding potential donors challenging to say the least. And then if you are lucky enough to find one, it’s a roll of the dice if they’re good enough to work with. Usually they’re not. After seeing the condition of this original driver’s side door, I count myself as incredibly fortunate that the passenger’s one was saveable last year.

Oh, and I’m a mere mortal as well, I’m just too stubborn to realize, or refuse to admit when I’m beat!
😂😂

Reactions: 6 users

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
That brown one was actually not too bad considering it spent a decade outside in the far snowy north. One could almost consider it "rust free" considering where you live :ROFLMAO: . Keep up the great work, always look forward to your updates.

Truth right there. After seeing the condition of the original door and the brown one, you’d think the original one was the one that had sat out in the elements all this time. Not the other way ‘round.

Thanks for the compliment and encouragement. Appreciate it.

Reactions: 1 users

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Good lord, your body guy sucks... 🤪

Takes the easy way out and gets a GOOD door to work on. Challenged and failed. Guess he ain't got no skilz…

haha! Just yankin' yer chain! It's going to be a great door when finished!

Hey, if you think you’re up to the task of restoring this...

E63ADB5B-C045-4E48-9B6C-6028CEFAE5C7.jpeg

E2613A35-C16A-4FEB-9003-84B950DCC687.jpeg

0281B934-A5FA-42EA-BB23-6D6ED7B0678A.jpeg

0EA86D59-7E57-4AE2-9EE4-4748844E7513.jpeg

99F94BB5-B890-45AA-8D9B-A039CE100E02.jpeg

...then I’ll gladly defer to you! I’ll even ship it to you and back on my dime!
😂

In all seriousness though, like it says on my profile, Crazy. Not stupid. It only made sense to “take the easy way out” and start with a much better candidate to begin with. At any rate, thanks for the vote of confidence and I appreciate your support.
😊

Reactions: 3 users

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
My god what a horror show under that top. I will never buy one with the vinyl top after seeing that!

Yep, that was pretty scary wasn’t it? That was the proverbial straw that broke the camels back, the one thing that started this whole endeavour. Yeah, I probably could’ve just repaired and painted the roof, but after finding and fixing so many of the other issues I found along the way, I’m glad I went this route.

At least when I’m done I’ll know exactly what I’ve got, and there won’t be any surprises.

I never fully understood what GM was thinking in having vinyl roofs on these cars, I guess maybe they thought it looked classy and would appeal to a more upscale market. As time has shown, it was a terrible idea.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
glad to hear you're on the mend & back @ it.Mr D.that stinks you can't get the 2021 anymore,i love it for my projects.I'm super bummed my jobber replaced DCC w/shopline.the concept's nice stuff.Scott's rite,that dc 3000-4000 is a nice production clear.

Thanks Chris, I appreciate the well wishes. If I can get past this latter stage where my head doesn’t constantly feel like it wants to explode, and I can stop coughing up a lung, I’ll be right as rain again.

Good to know on the DC 3000-4000 stuff, I haven’t yet made a decision on what clear I’m going to use yet. I heard some scuttlebutt from my supplier’s rep that although the 2021 isn’t available here (and can’t be shipped here either), if one was to find some on your side of the border, it IS perfectly acceptable to bring it across in person. As long as it’s for personal use, and not for resale.

So with that being said, my folks are snowbirds and go down to Palm Springs every year after Christmas. I’m gonna do a bit of digging and see if there’s a supplier anywhere near them down there that might stock it. It would be unbelievably cool if they could bring some back for me.
😈

Reactions: 3 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor