BUILD THREAD Project Olds Cool (Recognition!!)

Made more killer progress today!

Despite it being Mike’s turn to work on his ‘57, he graciously forfeited his day to come help out on Olds Cool to meet the upcoming deadline.

I was up bright and early well before he got there, and got the passenger’s door and fender cleaned, guidecoated and DA’d out in 320, then guidecoated again in preparation for the 400 wet:

7E4CDD5D-6020-4157-AFEB-8FF372CD6582.jpeg

Once he arrived, I got him scuffing up the already painted rocker panels and pinch welds with red ScotchBrite while I started wet sanding the door and quarter. I plan on back masking off of the backside of the pinch weld on the bottom half of the car, so I also had him give the backsides of the pinch welds a good scuff and cleaning with Scotchbrite as well. This will ensure all the dirt and debris is cleaned off so the tape will actually stick there.

We each finished our tasks at about the same time, so I had him help me temporarily mount the passenger’s side rocker moulding next. The front fender and the underside of the rocker panel still had the holes in them for mounting the moulding, but the rear hole in the face of the quarter panel got welded up somewhere along the way. With the moulding in place, I marked, punched and drilled the missing hole, and ran a screw through it to cut the threads.
Once that was done, the moulding came back off and got tucked safely away again.

We rounded out the day with me DA and wet sanding the sides of the header panel, and him scuffing the inside flanges on all 4 wheelwells. Now, all the bottom parts of the car are completely cleaned and prepped, and the entire passenger side of the car is completely finished as well.

819D29DC-0CCA-4AEC-BFEA-E29518C5379C.jpeg

It was a great day for progress on the Olds girl. Only 4 more panels left to go before it’s completely finished and ready to go, then it’ll be time to pull it outside and give it a real good blow out and thorough bath!
(Not gonna lie, I’m really looking forward to that!)

It’s been such a long haul, it’s still kinda surreal that I’m actually and finally here.

Thanks for continuing to follow along and see this through it’s final stages of prep guys. Your continued support is so appreciated.

D.

Still posting up pictures of damn primer. Dirty, clean, sanded, wet, dry. Take your pick, cause that’s all I gots for now!

More progress done after burning a little midnight oil tonight, hood, passenger’s side sail panel, quarter and quarter extension all knocked out and completely finished.

View attachment 145617

Primer mud:

View attachment 145618

View attachment 145620

View attachment 145621

View attachment 145622

I think it passes the straightness/reflection test...!!!

View attachment 145623

And yours truly, just to show Rktpwrd isn’t actually a robot...
😎😅

View attachment 145624

D.
Fake news, I think you just pulled a guy off the street with a Kindigit t-shirt to take a pic with it to avoid suspision on the Skunkwerks.

Fake news, I think you just pulled a guy off the street with a Kindigit t-shirt to take a pic with it to avoid suspision on the Skunkwerks.

Maybe, But damn he’s a good looking dude!
😉😂

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor