BUILD THREAD Project Olds Cool (Recognition!!)

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
Beautiful work. I hope you have the base/clear combination to your liking.

Spray date = Play date for big boys

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Again, thanks for all the support, comments and kind words gentlemen. I appreciate them all.

I’ve got a couple of little projects on the go here right now while I wait for the clock to tick down, just lots of little odds n ends so things will be ready to go back on after it’s painted.

Pick and filing the other rocker panel moulding, getting these special Olds/SBC valve covers ready to install, epoxying a marker light weak spot etc. Gotta find time to pick up the paint and materials some time this week, and start preliminary masking on the car.

Wish me luck.

Reactions: 14 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Again, thanks for all the support, comments and kind words gentlemen. I appreciate them all.

I’ve got a couple of little projects on the go here right now while I wait for the clock to tick down, just lots of little odds n ends so things will be ready to go back on after it’s painted.

Pick and filing the other rocker panel moulding, getting these special Olds/SBC valve covers ready to install, epoxying a marker light weak spot etc. Gotta find time to pick up the paint and materials some time this week, and start preliminary masking on the car.

Wish me luck.
With all sincerity, best of luck to you Donovan. I hope it goes real smooth getting the car there and back and in the booth.

• Agree
Reactions: 4 users

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
images

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
With all sincerity, best of luck to you Donovan. I hope it goes real smooth getting the car there and back and in the booth.

Thanks Jared.

I’m just praying for good weather on the day I’ve got to get it there. The trailer I’ll be using is not enclosed, and if it rains or looks like rain I don’t know what I’ll do.
😕

Rain after the fact will still suck, but not nearly as much as before. The surface will be sealed by then. I wish you, your dad, and your guys’ painter the best as well in shooting your dad’s Galaxie. Any idea when the paint date is for his?

*Edit - never mind, I just saw your update, awesome!

Reactions: 5 users

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Can you bring it over before it rains and hide it under a tarp?

Unfortunately not Quinn.

The booth I’ll be using is a regular production bodyshop, and the only way I could get my car in to do it myself is if I bring it in on a weekend. I even tried to get him to let me unload it and put it in the booth on the Friday night, but he wasn’t having it. It’s a fairly small shop with virtually no indoor storage, so the only alternative would be to leave it outside on site in an unsecured compound.

Uhhh, no thanks.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

08Malibu

Royal Smart Person
Feb 9, 2014
North Jersey
Do you plan on sanding it again once you get it there? It’s going to be an awfully long time between when you sanded it to when you spray. I’d be a little nervous about adhesion problems.

Reactions: 2 users

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Do you plan on sanding it again once you get it there? It’s going to be an awfully long time between when you sanded it to when you spray. I’d be a little nervous about adhesion problems.

Sending a PM later today.

Tony1968

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Jul 1, 2018
NW Indiana
Awesome payoff Donovan. Looks like you and my dad both are about to have painted cars!
Why would this matter? Just trying to learn. Thanks

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor