BUILD THREAD Project Olds Cool (Recognition!!)

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
happy b-day D! who cares what all the ol' fogies like me are doin... glad to see you're out enjoying the fruits of all that labor!

Reactions: 1 user

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Rainy, cold and otherwise blah out today and I’m bored. So what to do?

Wax on, Wax off, Daniel-san.

A13C506C-F145-41B4-9422-4DF845B9D703.jpeg

It’s been nearly a year already since it was painted so I’m probably safe to wax it by now. And yes, I waxed the windshield too as I do with all my glass. It’s a trick that was shown to me by an old detailer. Cheaper than Rain-X too.

7679F2E7-FDA4-48FF-86C6-ED64B23852B1.jpeg

I love this kind of work because it’s so rewarding. Especially when you see things like this when you’re done:

2CF3D390-8A6A-445D-9E66-286F3AF4395E.jpeg

Mirror anyone??

Weather is supposed to be equally iffy tomorrow, so tonight I’ll be pulling the driver’s seat to take into the upholstery shop first thing in the morning. They’re going to do some work to the left side bottom seat bolster, build it back up to where it should be, and then repair the tear in the side. The bolster work should help the repair to last longer according to them.

image.jpg

They expect to only have it for a day or two, so I shouldn’t lose out on any cruising time this season. 👍🏻

Pretty damn close to calling this project finished when I’m going after the last little details like this.
😁

Reactions: 18 users

Northernregal

Sloppy McRodbender
Oct 24, 2017
Red Deer, Northern Montana territory
Rainy, cold and otherwise blah out today and I’m bored. So what to do?

Wax on, Wax off, Daniel-san.

View attachment 174433

It’s been nearly a year already since it was painted so I’m probably safe to wax it by now. And yes, I waxed the windshield too as I do with all my glass. It’s a trick that was shown to me by an old detailer. Cheaper than Rain-X too.

View attachment 174434

I love this kind of work because it’s so rewarding. Especially when you see things like this when you’re done:

View attachment 174435

Mirror anyone??

Weather is supposed to be equally iffy tomorrow, so tonight I’ll be pulling the driver’s seat to take into the upholstery shop first thing in the morning. They’re going to do some work to the left side bottom seat bolster, build it back up to where it should be, and then repair the tear in the side. The bolster work should help the repair to last longer according to them.

View attachment 174439

They expect to only have it for a day or two, so I shouldn’t lose out on any cruising time this season. 👍🏻

Pretty damn close to calling this project finished when I’m going after the last little details like this.
😁
Sooooo..... juggernaut?

Reactions: 2 users

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Sooooo..... juggernaut?

D46629EA-C8F9-46A4-ACA1-4B9D83C59517.gif

Definitely maybe buddy. Certainly working towards it for sure, but likely not until fall. I’ve got some projects I need to get done on the house over the summer, and there’s not enough room in the Skunkworks to do what needs to be done on The Ole Juggernaut with 2 rides in it. Gotta wait until fall when I can put Olds Cool in storage to free up some space.

It’s definitely in the plans though.

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Happy Birthday Donovan.

Reactions: 1 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor