BUILD THREAD Project Olds Cool (Recognition!!)

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
So uh, yeah. This “kinda” happened over the weekend.

C8BDDD75-F9AC-44DA-8FAE-77DE137A0886.jpeg

D9E996E3-223F-4622-8F19-FF4D8B919D33.jpeg

815E6C74-44DC-4AD2-9EC1-AE6F3E4C4B8F.jpeg

420C22C6-2219-4850-8DAC-BC0AA552108D.jpeg

First trophy ever, for anything. Not for my paint and bodywork, nor my hours of meticulously putting a brushed finish on all the trim, or even my attention to detail.
Nope, for my ability to obliterate the tires on command.

I’ll take it anyways.
😎

• Winner
Reactions: 22 users

Tony1968

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Jul 1, 2018
NW Indiana
So uh, yeah. This “kinda” happened over the weekend.

View attachment 182732

View attachment 182733

View attachment 182734

View attachment 182735

First trophy ever, for anything. Not for my paint and bodywork, nor my hours of meticulously putting a brushed finish on all the trim, or even my attention to detail.
Nope, for my ability to obliterate the tires on command.

I’ll take it anyways.
😎
Of all things.... I didn't know you had it in you Donovan! Excellent job 👏

Reactions: 3 users

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Of all things.... I didn't know you had it in you Donovan! Excellent job 👏

Thanks Tony. I don’t know if you remember, but back when some of the guys here accused me of giving it show car paint, I assured them that when it was done I would be driving and enjoying the crap outta the car. Including automotive shenanigans like burnouts and donuts.

I wasn’t kidding. 😏

• Winner
Reactions: 7 users

Tony1968

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Jul 1, 2018
NW Indiana
Thanks Tony. I don’t know if you remember, but back when some of the guys here accused me of giving it show car paint, I assured them that when it was done I would be driving and enjoying the crap outta the car. Including automotive shenanigans like burnouts and donuts.

I wasn’t kidding. 😏
I know D. I was just kidding. Honestly I would have thought you'd get best body/paint before anything else. But letting her rip is cathartic in so many ways.

Reactions: 3 users

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
I know D. I was just kidding. Honestly I would have thought you'd get best body/paint before anything else. But letting her rip is cathartic in so many ways.

Absolutely! It was so much fun honestly, I’d gladly do it all over again in a heartbeat.

Reactions: 4 users

rfpowerdude

G-Body Guru
Jul 15, 2013
Palm Bay, Fla
Car looks great. Good to see pics of it oot and aboot!

I spy, with my little eye, a blue 1969 Impala 2-door notchback w/black vinyl top. Any word on that one? I had a yellow one w/327 back in the day. Miss that car.

Reactions: 2 users

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Car looks great. Good to see pics of it oot and aboot!

I spy, with my little eye, a blue 1969 Impala 2-door notchback w/black vinyl top. Any word on that one? I had a yellow one w/327 back in the day. Miss that car.

Not a whole lot of info on that car, other than he’s a regular around the local car scene here. Is a nice enough car, with a little small block for motivation. Spoke with him briefly after the burnout, seems like a decent guy as well.

Reactions: 4 users

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Burnout, schmurnout.

Burnout pics or it didn't happen. Even pics of the rubber bits hanging on the quarter panels would suffice.

Here's what really happened...the award went to the car next to you. You probably went and stole it from under their hood, put it on your car, snapped a pic, returned it real quick, and then back to the beer tent you went...

:)

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
Burnout, schmurnout.

Burnout pics or it didn't happen. Even pics of the rubber bits hanging on the quarter panels would suffice.

Here's what really happened...the award went to the car next to you. You probably went and stole it from under their hood, put it on your car, snapped a pic, returned it real quick, and then back to the beer tent you went...

fez burn GIF

Reactions: 1 users

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Burnout, schmurnout.

Well now we know who DIDN’T click on the Instagram link…. If you had’ve, you would’ve seen the video of the epic awesomeness. 😜 Just swipe through the pics, and the video is in there.

I’ve said it before, you don’t have to be on Instagram to see the pictures and videos. It’s way easier to post them there than on YouTube to be able to view short videos.

Reactions: 2 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor