Project Progress.....FINALLY! I'm not the mechanic I once was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JAMCAR223

Royal Smart Person
Jun 6, 2014
Houston, TX.
Congrats on your progress Chuck. I think all cars can be a challenge, depending how far you go down the rabbit hole. Sometimes you just gotta walk away... looks like you did, and then came back with renewed ambition. Follow through, and we will all be waiting for those pics and videos.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Chuck, those historic plate restrictions are merely suggestions. I illegally use mine as a commuter, and only had one, young buck, rookie of the year trooper mention anything about it. You good....

they are not suggestions according the the insurance company, it seems like a savings until the insurance denies a claim for voiding the insurance for failing to comply with the terms. After that the driver of the unisured car is open to a ticket for driving with no insurance and liable to the damages of the other party.

Oldscarnut

Master Mechanic
May 10, 2017
NW Washington State
Keep up the good work Chuck, from the pictures you posted its looking really good and it wont be just another SBC under the hood

From the day I got it I knew I wanted to keep it, and Oldsmobile power is a tribute to my Dad who instilled in me the difference between Oldsmobile and other GM. GM never learned it and should have. SBC is a great engine and It always was, but an Olds with a Chevy or Buick engine is not an Olds. I suppose the reverse is true, a Chevy with an Olds engine is no longer a Chevy too! Certainly they do not sound similar! Trans-Am with 403? GMC motorhome with 455. The first true muscle cars were Super 88's, then Starfire!

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
I always liked the Olds 350, my personal favorite actually. I was never impressed with the sbc 350 especially with tall gearing and I ran an Olds V8 in two trucks, your El Camino is sort of both. Enjoy the heck out of it!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

Oldscarnut

Master Mechanic
May 10, 2017
NW Washington State
I always liked the Olds 350, my personal favorite actually. I was never impressed with the sbc 350 especially with tall gearing and run an Olds V8 in two trucks, your El Camino is sort of both. Enjoy the heck out of it!

Give me torque over rpm any day of the week! Thanks! I can't wait to get it out of the garage and moving itself around!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor