Project "Sand Bagger"

Status
Not open for further replies.

L.A.X-RATED

Royal Smart Person
Aug 25, 2010
Re: Project "Bagging Rights"

Looking great.i shaved my bed rails+(along with everything else,i.e.marker lights,license pocket,door handles, and gas door)a couple months back,on my frame off resto on my 86 el and i am quite happy with the look,really looks sleek/aerodynamic and the way gm" should have"done it.keep up the good work and happy building!

boatshoes

Greasemonkey
Nov 10, 2011
Algonquin Illinois

Column is a 33" universal Column for GM fit. Mounts in with a flaming river "stramp clamp" at the top and make a custom plate at the bottom. Has a 1" dd end so I just milled out a jeep shaft to fit.

I usually don't spend much time on here, but I just read through Dave V and Lscustoms full threads. My brain hurts but I have new inspiration for some things. There's alot of guys on here with some really impressive stuff. I appreciate what everyone is doing, and while I'm new to this "G" thing, I have some wild stuff planned. My entire summer will be bodywork.

Dave V

G-Body Guru
Jul 18, 2011

boatshoes said:
Column is a 33" universal Column for GM fit. Mounts in with a flaming river "stramp clamp" at the top and make a custom plate at the bottom. Has a 1" dd end so I just milled out a jeep shaft to fit.

I usually don't spend much time on here, but I just read through Dave V and Lscustoms full threads. My brain hurts but I have new inspiration for some things. There's alot of guys on here with some really impressive stuff. I appreciate what everyone is doing, and while I'm new to this "G" thing, I have some wild stuff planned. My entire summer will be bodywork.

Thanks for the kind words and the info on the column this is my next major thing to do and you have given me the info I need thanks

boatshoes

Greasemonkey
Nov 10, 2011
Algonquin Illinois

Quickie update. cleaning up and under coating the underside
elcorear031.jpg

decided to do up the gas tank too so it came out
elcorear032.jpg

rear end all back together with new stock replacement brake parts
elcorear029.jpg

I know alot of people arent crazy about this color but it's gonna be dope when its done
elcorear030.jpg

little body work started, shaved the gate
elcorear005.jpg

elcorear006.jpg

80ELCAMINOFLAKE

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 2, 2010
California So Cal

Wow! super sweet update, keep it going!!! :wink:

boatshoes

Greasemonkey
Nov 10, 2011
Algonquin Illinois

God Bless America.
elcamino5-9-12081.jpg

Finally got this pig off jack stands and rolling.
elcamino5-9-12086.jpg

The entire underside is done, now bodywork.
elcamino5-9-12091.jpg

Donk status
elcamino5-9-12093.jpg

jlcustomz

G-Body Guru
Nov 22, 2011

Lookin good man.Makes me wish I had time to work on mine.
Tailgate filler looks good, hope you cut the recess out of the tailgate skin & did a butt weld rather than a drop in. Seen some really high end jobs ghost shadow badlyfrom this after being through temperature cycles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor