PST The Malibu Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

james@pst

Greasemonkey
GBodyForum Sponsor
Jul 31, 2012
Montville NJ
For this work it is tough. For body work its a back save. It only raises the car about 48 inches.

Thanks
James

james@pst

Greasemonkey
GBodyForum Sponsor
Jul 31, 2012
Montville NJ
Thanks Guys, But as we all know life gets in the way of progress it seems. But I did have a chance to finish up the rear of the car so I will be sure to get some pics posted. Plans are to start on the front this weekend hopefully. My problem is that I am working on my Malibu and a 72 Duster at the same time.

Thanks
James

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
James,
That's one fine looking Malibu survivor. Nice ones like that are getting much harder to find. Good find!
I take it it will be a test mule of sorts. Nice project.

james@pst

Greasemonkey
GBodyForum Sponsor
Jul 31, 2012
Montville NJ
Yes in a way it will become a test mule but I have some odd quarks about me when it comes to my own vehicles. For the Malibu being such a nice untouched original. I personally will only be doing bolt-on upgrades to her. So if for some reason I wanted to go back to original I can( this car even has the original riveted ball joint still). But my goal is to make her a mean little sleeper. I am in the process of building a mean small block that is be dressed to look like a factory engine all the way down to the rochester carb and vacuum lines.

James

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
I like the concept about using bolt-on upgrades and essentially keeping it stock in appearance...and of course, a nice warmed over small block that will also be stock in appearance. We'll be following your progress. :)

Jan 7, 2013
This is great im getting ready to do some suspension up grades to my car and not really sure where to start so I will definitely be following this build. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor