PST The Malibu Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

daveybtv

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 2, 2011
Buffalo NY
Supper clean ride, I like the coil overs will they work with stock lower control arms?

james@pst

Greasemonkey
GBodyForum Sponsor
Jul 31, 2012
Montville NJ
Yes you can run the coil over with the stock stamped steel arm. I believe there is a member or two that is currently using the coil over conversion with stock arm on here. I personally like the kit because it is a hybrid. I like how the top of the spring rides in the original pocket of the frame verses riding completely in the upper shock mount.

Thanks
James

daveybtv

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 2, 2011
Buffalo NY
james@pst said:
Yes you can run the coil over with the stock stamped steel arm. I believe there is a member or two that is currently using the coil over conversion with stock arm on here. I personally like the kit because it is a hybrid. I like how the top of the spring rides in the original pocket of the frame verses riding completely in the upper shock mount.

Thanks
James

Thanks, how much ride hight adjstment would you sayyou have wth them?

james@pst

Greasemonkey
GBodyForum Sponsor
Jul 31, 2012
Montville NJ
Adjustment is 1-3 inches.

james@pst

Greasemonkey
GBodyForum Sponsor
Jul 31, 2012
Montville NJ
Need some opinions ?????? So what does everyone think about the stance. Currently sitting a 1.5" lower in the front.

On another note the car handles AWESOME!!!! I haven't had much road time, so we will be trying out all 19 combinations of Vi-Kings coil-over kit and rear smooth body aluminum shocks on some back country roads this weekend!!!! I do have to say Vi-King makes a quality product that installs with eases and makes every cornering situation a blast.

The Malibu is back in the ground and ready for its first cruise night. But this is not the last of the upgrades we still have brakes and sway bars to install.

daveybtv

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 2, 2011
Buffalo NY
Looks good, I would go another .5 in in front and 1 in rear, but I like em low my self!

Gbody

Greasemonkey
Aug 18, 2011
California
nice malibu, i like the rear trailingl arms.. i might have to invest in some pst parts

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
James,
I noticed the Evinrude outboard motor mailbox...pretty clever. :lol: Is that the front of your house?

james@pst

Greasemonkey
GBodyForum Sponsor
Jul 31, 2012
Montville NJ
Longroof79 said:
James,
I noticed the Evinrude outboard motor mailbox...pretty clever. :lol: Is that the front of your house?

Yup that would be my mailbox 1959 Evinrude 35hp. My other hobby is antique outboards and boats.

Thanks

james@pst

Greasemonkey
GBodyForum Sponsor
Jul 31, 2012
Montville NJ
daveybtv said:
Looks good, I would go another .5 in in front and 1 in rear, but I like em low my self!

Yeah I may have too, my only issue is getting it in the garage and on the lift if I lower it to much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor