PST The Malibu Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

james@pst

Greasemonkey
GBodyForum Sponsor
Jul 31, 2012
Montville NJ
Well I haven't made much head way lately on the Malibu, but while I was up in up-state NY visiting family. I met up with a good friend of mine and he had this sitting out when I got there
IMG_20130331_154231_zps8e673a5c.jpg

IMG_20130331_154219_zps8185db4c.jpg

At this point all I know is that it is a posi out of a g body, but I wasn't going to pass it up as I pretty much paid scrap weight for it. So that now will be tacked on to the build.

I also got a wing from a Monte SS from him that I am going to cut up and modify and then make a mold from as I do not like the big wing that was on the 1980 malibu so it should be a fun side project.

James

james@pst

Greasemonkey
GBodyForum Sponsor
Jul 31, 2012
Montville NJ
Well with the weather cooperating a little more and my honey-do list at home slowly shrinking. I finally found some alone time with the Malibu last night at about quarter to 10. I spent the evening stripping down the driver's side front suspension. What amazed me was the originality of the car. Everything came apart with out a fight, the sticker that was wrapped around the coil spring was still intact and even the sticker on the rotor splash shield was there. Now with everything apart I hope to start tonight reassembling the driver's with our tubular control arms and Vi-Kings Coil-Over Kit.

james@pst

Greasemonkey
GBodyForum Sponsor
Jul 31, 2012
Montville NJ
Well, I made some more headway last night managed to install PST's tubular arms and the Viking coil over kit on the drivers side and found enough time to strip the passenger side, I will have to clean and paint the spindle before reassembling passengers side. I do want to say that I love the quality and ease of installation I had with the Viking Coil-over system. I just can't wait to get this thing back on the road and start messing with the wide range of adjust-ability.

LIVE4RDO

Apprentice
Jul 14, 2010
Staten Island, New York
Subscribed and will be ordering parts soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor