Q-jet electric choke question

Status
Not open for further replies.

somaphox

Apprentice
Jan 16, 2015
just curious,is this a converted hot air choke?and if so did you leave the gasket in place?

CutlassKage

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 19, 2016
Not sure but assume it was converted to electric before I got it. Just can't figure out why it sticks. Linkage is bound somewhere.

somaphox

Apprentice
Jan 16, 2015
has the choke pull off been replaced or taken off at any point?since its sticking open the green tang may be catching on the choke pull off's lip.i had this happen once when i was tinkering with different configurations and noticed it hung up,this was on a quadrajet i had converted to electric and i used one of the shorter necked pull offs.also check to see if maybe the rod from the choke plate to the choke linkage didnt slip off and jamb up,or possibly the coil itself not being seated on its tang correctly

somaphox

Apprentice
Jan 16, 2015
also im not sure ive never screwed with dual jets but do those have the rear pull off as well?that linkage might not be in correctly it can be alittle tricky to slip in sometimes

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
First off- that is not a Q-jet- or even a Dual-jet. It is a 2GC. Last year was '78 on those. As far as I know they never came with electric chokes. It may have been back fitted so I would start there. Disconnect the linkage at the flap and see if that frees it up.Don't lose the little tiny clip! If not look inside the choke coil housing. It may have something pinched and it needs to be corrected.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: 1 user

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
First off- that is not a Q-jet- or even a Dual-jet. It is a 2GC. Last year was '78 on those. As far as I know they never came with electric chokes. It may have been back fitted so I would start there. Disconnect the linkage at the flap and see if that frees it up.Don't lose the little tiny clip! If not look inside the choke coil housing. It may have something pinched and it needs to be corrected.

thanks, I knew it wasn't in the jet family and was wondering what carburetor that was....

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor