Quick performance rear end

Status
Not open for further replies.

Log79

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 11, 2019
Pittsburgh
Hi guys . I’ve been away from the forum for a long while. Was wondering if anyone had any insight on the quick performance ford 9” . I’m between that and the strange s60. Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Attachments

• 81550477-37EF-4744-A2BD-329AC95DC834.jpeg
    81550477-37EF-4744-A2BD-329AC95DC834.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 106

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Whichever you prefer really. The 9" has more parts available, but the S60 is tougher IMO. But how often are you going to be tearing it down and/or swapping gears?

What's the application?

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
My car has the Quick housing. I can't say much about it as I've barely driven the thing but it seems nice enough. Gonna be a while before I can really put it through its paces. It has a center section from a mid-70s land barge in it.

Log79

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 11, 2019
Pittsburgh
Thanks for the responses . I currently have a 400 sbc , mild cam , Holley street dominator intake, 650 edelebrock carb , th350c trans . And of coarse the stock 7.5” open diff . I developed a front pump leak last summer and figured I’d invest in the drivetrain before I invest in more hp since I have to yank the trans. I don’t drive the car a ton , only 1000 miles a year if I’m lucky but that’s more of a current life circumstance problem . I hope to start driving it more this year and maybe a few trips to the drag strip in the future as I gradually add to the build . I Figure just the ratio change alone will pay dividends

Log79

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 11, 2019
Pittsburgh
The 9” seams more attractive as far as the gear change is concerned. I’d work toward getting an additional 3rd member so I could have a quick swap if I wanted. I guess I’m asking from a quality perspective. The quick is very reasonably priced where a curry is almost double. Is the quick worth it ?

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
the 9" is more than enough for 99 percent of the people running them.it might be over kill and that's perfectly ok.its money well spent.
as far as being a "quick swap" it really isn't. props to that guy swapping them out @ the track on the ground,it's no party. I've had both currie and quick and you're rite the price was a big difference..for what I don't know.maybe having that currie tag on the housing..

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

bracketchev1221

Royal Smart Person
Jan 18, 2018
I would go with what ever is cheapest and easiest to install. Like was said, I don't know of anyone swapping gears out just for the fun of it. So as easy as the 9" is to change COMPLETE center sections if you have one, the question is ARE YOU REALLY GOING TO?? The thought of having a $1000 center section just laying around in case I need it is money I could spend on other stuff I need. Otherwise, its a gear swap in what you have and no different than a dana or a 12 bolt. As far as racing goes, I ran a 12 bolt in my 3200 lbs Chevelle for 22 years and had 3 gear sets in it. And that was because the teeth cracked under 100's of transbrake launches. I would then change the ratio to match the HP in the car at the time. The first set of 4.88's were in the car from 11.20's to 9.30's. Then the 4.56's were in the car down to the 9.0's and then the 4.33's were in the car when I sold it going 8.80's.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

lilbowtie

Comic Book Super Hero
Jan 7, 2006
Canton Mi
I have a Moser in the Regal and a Quick performance in the Sonoma - no complaints on either, it's what you put in the 3rd member that counts.

Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor