Quick Transmission Question for You Guys

Status
Not open for further replies.

AnPmc

Apprentice
May 28, 2009
Boogie Down Bronx N.Y.C
Ok, So I had a 2004r Transmission in My Car, Got a Brand New Crate Motor, Lo and Behold My Transmission went the way of John Lennon.
It was Rebuilt before, So I'm basically taking that sh*t up, So I'm going with a 350 Transmission. But the sh*t that's Bugging Me is what Size Tailshaft? 6" or 9"? And what Size Torque Converter? 10" or 11"? Some People Tell Me go with the 6" Tailshaft and some People Tell Me 9". I just don't want to Buy the transmission and have to Send it back cause it doesn't Fit.
I have an 85 Chevy 350 Motor by the way.
Sorry I haven't Posted here in a while as well, Been busy as Hell with School and Work.

Oldsmoletick

Royal Smart Person
Sep 18, 2009
cny
In order to reuse your current driveshaft (with no mods), go with the short tail. Converter; the 10 inch will have less rotating weight than the 11, and probably higher stall speed as well. What does your engine manufacturer say to run, converter choice has quite a bit to do with what the engine was built for.

XbeasleyX

Apprentice
Jan 24, 2009
Western New York
Why not rebuild your 2004r? There are companies that can build them to handle 1000hp, I think with a manual and some time you can build your own to handle any crate motor.

AnPmc

Apprentice
May 28, 2009
Boogie Down Bronx N.Y.C
Oldsmoletick said:
In order to reuse your current driveshaft (with no mods), go with the short tail. Converter; the 10 inch will have less rotating weight than the 11, and probably higher stall speed as well. What does your engine manufacturer say to run, converter choice has quite a bit to do with what the engine was built for.
I know what Stall Speed I need, Just needed to Know the Size of the Converter and Tailshaft, I really Appreciate it.

Why not rebuild your 2004r
Not a big Fan of how that transmission Moved, Plus I'm not making a Race Car, Just a nice Muscle Car.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor