RAWDOGG - 84 Grand Prix "Pro Touring" Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Surprise - A glimpse of what I've been upto!

81cutlass said:
Doesnt look half bad! 😀 I will say though, those exhaust tips are a bit, excessive. They look like something off a diesel truck.

Is this GP a copy of the one you had before or what?
Thanks, and yeah, I know they are a bit overkill. Gonna see how it goes, driving while lowered (haven't driven it yet)... the tips by the way, are made for a diesel truck lol. This is a copy of my first GP, yes, only better in every way (better performance, parts, mods, etc).

I like the ride keep up the good work :shock:

Hopefully those huge tips won't hit your body kit/ground effects when they inevitably get smashed on their first driveway...

Haha well they'd hit the all-steel bumper (under that soft rubber lip) so the kit won't damage at all. However, before I go on or off any ramp, I'll be hitting the preset button #3 on my dash -- max lift on the air ride(just gotta make sure no cops are around when I do). :mrgreen:

454muscle said:
cdg1984 said:
Where did u get the vinyl top trim clips from?
Funny story actually... I looked around at some local autobody supplier shops and came up empty handed, but from one of their websites I was led to some other sites online. Turns out, many online stores have them, and even Ebay. So I bought a set, a box of 50 of em just to be safe, and it cost me $50 + shipping. The next day after placing the order, I was at a Napa Auto Parts store located 2 minutes from my ride (storage unit) and I saw several packages of the newer, updated clips (that replace the old ones) right on the rack! I did some cussing in my head at that time lol.

You dont happen to remember any of the site names, do you? I cant seem to find these things anywhere...havent checked napa yet tho.

cdg1984 said:
You dont happen to remember any of the site names, do you? I cant seem to find these things anywhere...havent checked napa yet tho.
Yeah I looked it up and it wasn't $50 after all, it was $20 with shipping... anyways, here's the link:

http://www.clipsandfasteners.com/Search ... rch=A12613

By the way, product ID is A12613 and the GM part number is 20315425. Google either of those with the word "clips" and you'll find a bunch of sites! :mrgreen:

Sweet!!! Thanks a lot man, i guess i suck at looking for sh*t, ive been trying to find these things forever.

Haha.. no problem, glad to be of help. 😀 It actually took me several months to find these things. Like I said, from bodyshop to bodyshop supplier to supplier's website catalogue to other websites and finally I came across the part number and Googled it and BINGO! 8 months later that is...

nice ride buddy, You did so much to your ride. I just wonder why you installed two monster tachs in your car, also at my taste the body kit is just a little too much otherwise you have built a really nice car.

Keep up the work and keep us posted

Killerbeachboy

killerbeachboy said:
nice ride buddy, You did so much to your ride. I just wonder why you installed two monster tachs in your car, also at my taste the body kit is just a little too much otherwise you have built a really nice car.

Keep up the work and keep us posted

Killerbeachboy
Hehe.. well thanks for the compliment bro. I did not really want 2 monster tachs. The plan was a regular dash tach, and a monster tach on top of the dash. Well it turns out, that Autometer Cobalt makes 3.5" as well as a 5" tach/speedo. The larger ones filled up the custom dash bezel and looked better (according to my mock up drawings). The G-tech Pro EGS tach is actually a 4" tach, it looks awesome, and went on top of the dash as planned. Turns out they both look the same size. Once the whole car is done and I post full shots and video, you'll get a better idea of my vision.

Hood went on today. The latch is not on yet, so it's sitting loose. Still, I couldn't resist taking some shots:

normal_IMG_0613.jpg

normal_IMG_0610.jpg

normal_IMG_0618.jpg

normal_IMG_0619.jpg

normal_IMG_0628.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor