CUTLASS Ready or not here I come...

doood

Amateur Mechanic
Sep 24, 2020
Hmmm...I plan on using Holley's Terminator X system for ECU/TCM. I'm under the assumption that the Terminator X will eliminate need for tuning at a shop. I'm not going to do a cam upgrade just intake manifold and headers

I found a long block for $750.00 and I think I'm gonna do that for now...I really want to drop the motor and trans into the car.

I ordered the engine and transmission swap mounts from Holley and they arrived the other day. I appreciate the G Force recommendation.

I also ordered a shirt and a few decals and I got them in a couple days ago.
$750 long block? I'll take 3!

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
The Holley needs to be tuned. It will start and run and most likely drive with a gameboy (hand held tune), but not great and not for long for alot of reasons - I can go into detail with if you want. But....it's very easy to tune, especially if you can e-mail a tune and datalog or facetime with someone. Other members here (calling Duke Northernregal ) can help or myself and others as well. It's really quite easy and nothing to be intimidated by. Follow the directions, and be clear about the power and grounds - FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS about the powers and grounds.

When the time comes, send me a PM or start a thread.

Best of luck and look forward to seeing you getting it done (I love a cutty!)

• Agree
Reactions: 6 users

Northernregal

Sloppy McRodbender
Oct 24, 2017
Red Deer, Northern Montana territory
The Holley needs to be tuned. It will start and run and most likely drive with a gameboy (hand held tune), but not great and not for long for alot of reasons - I can go into detail with if you want. But....it's very easy to tune, especially if you can e-mail a tune and datalog or facetime with someone. Other members here (calling Duke Northernregal ) can help or myself and others as well. It's really quite easy and nothing to be intimidated by. Follow the directions, and be clear about the power and grounds - FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS about the powers and grounds.

When the time comes, send me a PM or start a thread.

Best of luck and look forward to seeing you getting it done (I love a cutty!)

Not Joking Joe Biden GIF by ABC News

There's a bunch of us here that can help.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

Houston78

Apprentice
May 13, 2008
Houston, TX

64nailhead and Northernregal, I appreciate the helping hand!​

I received the gbodyforum.com merchandise a couple days ago.

Gonna take a look at the motor after work and hopefully purchase it.

I ordered the Holley oil pan yesterday.

20220615_071315.jpg
20220614_111226.jpg

Reactions: 7 users

RabbitHoleSS

G-Body Guru
Dec 8, 2019
Indianapolis
My $.02, Just try and make sure you get the most complete engine you can so you don't get nickled to death chasing little stuff down. I prefer buying a whole wrecked/rusted running truck/van/suv so you know it ran and you have everything you need acc,sensors,hoses, fuses, and more you don't know you need,til u need it. If the engine your buying is drive by wire, you'll want the tac module and pedal with it. They sometimes don't wanna cooperate when mismatched. Above all, do tons of research, it'll save you money and wasted efforts.

• Agree
Reactions: 7 users

Houston78

Apprentice
May 13, 2008
Houston, TX
Today's update, additional clearance oil pan has came in. Gonna order the headers next week...Holley had a price increase...I'm just doing research on the whole swap...I noticed a couple members relocated the battery and I would like to do that as well. I want to run the fuel lines also. I'm gonna drain the tank of whatever fuel it has. I noticed I can by a drop in unit for my old tank. I was reading a thread of a member who modified his sending unit on his MC swap. I liked what he did, but can't seem to find the thread...

20220622_144548.jpg
20220622_144518.jpg

Reactions: 5 users

Tony1968

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Jul 1, 2018
NW Indiana
FYI it's not advertized but last time I placed a decent sized order through Holley I received 10% off everything.

86LK

Royal Smart Person
Jul 23, 2018

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Did you get the Term X Max yet? If no, then start hunting - they can be be hard to get depending on one you buy.

Reactions: 1 user

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor