CUTLASS Ready or not here I come...

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
wish I had that kinda money....
And, 'someday when I get big I'll have an electric guitar, real big.'

'A man's got to know his limitations'. Everyone is not a motor or trans guy. Forward progress is great to see IMHO.

Reactions: 5 users

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
I haven't yet, I have noticed that they are on backorder.
There are sellers on the Holley FB pages that usually have whatever you need. And quite often they are cheaper than Summit.

Reactions: 1 users

doood

Amateur Mechanic
Sep 24, 2020
Summit has had that supply problem since 2020 on the ATK/VEGE long blocks; they canceled my LM7 order and tried to up-sell me that cammed version they had in stock at the time, but it was too pricy. I wanted to use the injectors from the junkyard engine (refurbed) and not break the 7.5" rear-end. My car holds it's own against hemi chargers (stoplight) with the first option down below (of course the g-body has an 800lb weight advantage). Engine comes with all the tin-ware installed and a full gasket kit (for steam tubes, header gaskets, injector o-rings, etc.); despite the pictures. I was able to switch the oil-pan (same as yours) and pickup tube after removing and cutting the windage tray with a grinder - per the Holley instructions. If you're disappointed, then cam and springs later.

Get it down the road with an ECU/harness from PSI; computer itself can be had for like $250 with VAT/emissions delete if you reuse a junkyard harness - I didn't want that aggravation. Keep the computer in the engine bay; it doesn't really fit in the glovebox - do some waterproofing.

Quick performance Eaton posi carrier for 26-spline 7.5" rear

https://www.quickperformance.com/GM-75-7625-10-Bolt-Posi-Gears-Bearing-Kit_p_20409.html

Other detail things that worked out (save you an hour looking):

If you go with f-body water pump and truck alternator bracket (stock LM7 belt works):

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users

Houston78

Apprentice
May 13, 2008
Houston, TX
I received the motor today...so many next steps to take now...just don't know which one to take...

I need a fuel tank with pump, the ecu and harness, radiator and fans, headers... so on and so on...

I will see what route I will take over the weekend...

You guys have a safe and blessed weekend!

20220729_171649.jpg

20220729_171607.jpg

Reactions: 4 users

86LK

Royal Smart Person
Jul 23, 2018
Isn't that standard on all LS's except LS7 ????
you're right. I never thought much about it

Engine TypeStock Rocker Arm Ratio
Gen. 1 Small Block Chevy1.5
Most Gen. 3 & 4 Chevy LS Engines1.7
Chevy LS71.8
Gen. 5 Chevy LT Engines1.8
Big Block Chevy1.7
Small Block Ford1.6

How does it affect performance?

Increasing rocker ratio is the same as installing a higher lift camshaft. For example, going from 1.5 to 1.6 rockers on a SBC will increase valve lift by about 0.030 in.

this brings up an interesting question, though. why not just stay with a standard 1.5 ratio instead? is there an advantage to using a higher rocker ratio vs a higher cam-lobe lift?

Reactions: 1 users

RabbitHoleSS

G-Body Guru
Dec 8, 2019
Indianapolis
What is your plan as far as transmission, sensors, coils,injectors,gaskets, covers, and accessories? New or junkyard? I'd probably start there tbh. Fuel system and headers are decisions between cobbling a setup together(speed engineering headers, ict plates or spohn mounts, stock 4.3 monte tank, sending unit and walbro 250) or buy holley everything... headers,mounts, drop in fuel module. Ecm and harness. If you got the scratch, just buy the terminator you need for whatever transmission you wanna use. If not go to the junkyard and grab a stock setup(and all the sensors,coils,injectors, intake,covers, and accessories you need).

Reactions: 2 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor