Real woody material

Status
Not open for further replies.

the ghoul

Master Mechanic
Dec 18, 2012
Well today was all about turning cardboard into metal...
Had to get a bit creative with bead rolling a pan that size

All in all time consuming and frustrating, but the results are worth it IMO

so one pan down 5 more to go!

Reactions: 1 user

the ghoul

Master Mechanic
Dec 18, 2012
Had a few hours today and worked on the front floor pans.
This was a clever template I made for a recess and the bead roll starts and stops within it

Here are the almost finished pans... I might just be dangerous if I had better tooling

Reactions: 1 user

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
the ghoul said:
liquidh8 said:
Looking good!
Hey! Thanks man, long time no talk at!

Like you, I have been busy doing other things, haha. The military had me tied up for the end of the summer and fall. Looking good, love the project! :) :)

the ghoul

Master Mechanic
Dec 18, 2012
Love my colicos and roper Whitney hole punch! They make work like this a breeze

And here she is all tacked in. Still need to make pans between the firewall and floor and also make a trans access panel.

the ghoul

Master Mechanic
Dec 18, 2012
And yet more metal work!

Mike P

Master Mechanic
Aug 7, 2009
Arizona
Somehow I missed this up till now. Very nice fab work. One quick question, are the original thru the floor pedals (and frame mounted master cylinder) going to be used or are you going to hang swing pedals in it?

the ghoul

Master Mechanic
Dec 18, 2012
I'm not sure what it was originally but the last owner hung the camero master on the firewall. So we will be sticking with that

the ghoul

Master Mechanic
Dec 18, 2012
Last pan fabricated, and the cab was lifted back in place. I think I'm going to re-work some of it before making the trans cover; but for the most part it looks like a very solid start!

And here's some pics I had the wife snap so the owner could play around with some photo-chops. Ant I adorable?! My *ss is 4" off the floor, the green tape is 2" wide and the blue tape is 1"

And yes, that is the caballero under the blue tarp :-(

the ghoul

Master Mechanic
Dec 18, 2012
And some 4" photo-chopping.
I personally like it either way

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
You probably already know my vote. Cool to see it all together and out in the open. Floors look great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor