really pissed off

Status
Not open for further replies.

87ttop

Master Mechanic
Jan 8, 2011
chattanooga, tn
My brother's 87 ttop ss was stolen two months ago, at his job on third shift. Its been two months and we finally located it last night. The bastards had it parted out front like they owned it. On a closer inspection with the cops we noticed that the vin had been changed (dash all busted up) windshield had been changed, new wheels, new exhaust, new seat brackets , and a new steering colum. I was so pissed, so the cops towed it in to our local anti-theft unit and we have to wait two weeks to get the car back. I went around the corner getting ready to leave and I spotted his wheels on another monte carlo. O am so pissed, but Im glad the cops got it in impound for right now. p.s no one would come out to verify that the car belonged to them with the swapped vin

jcbannis

Apprentice
Dec 26, 2010
Sunman Ind.
damn that sucks byt glad you found it and maybe you can find out who stole it

Qdub24

Royal Smart Person
Sep 6, 2006
Columbus, GA
Congrats on recovering your bro's vehicle. It's sad to say, but that happens more often than not. Your car will be in the same city w/a new VIN, paintjob, and a few other changes. I even used to hear about a guy from Atlanta that sold & swapped VINs as a side hustle.

SonOfRDgear

Greasemonkey
May 18, 2011
Boston
As pissed as you may be, thats really fortunate that you stumbled across it. Your brother is lucky as hell it wasn't chopped up. I'm curious how you were able to verify it was your car aside from the fact that it looked like it. Were the vin tags that blatant? Was there any dead giveaway it was your brothers car?

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
87ttop said:
My brother's 87 ttop ss was stolen two months ago, at his job on third shift. Its been two months and we finally located it last night. The bastards had it parted out front like they owned it. On a closer inspection with the cops we noticed that the vin had been changed (dash all busted up) windshield had been changed, new wheels, new exhaust, new seat brackets , and a new steering colum. I was so pissed, so the cops towed it in to our local anti-theft unit and we have to wait two weeks to get the car back. I went around the corner getting ready to leave and I spotted his wheels on another monte carlo. O am so pissed, but Im glad the cops got it in impound for right now. p.s no one would come out to verify that the car belonged to them with the swapped vin

is that a typo and you meant "parked" out front? If so too bad the car wasn't left there after you discovered it long enough for the thief to show up. It's good that you got it back and hopefully the insurance company won't give your brother too much grief having the damage repaired

Dugan

Greasemonkey
Jun 15, 2011
This is why I equip all my vehicles with "special" devices and setups. The surgical glove full of gasoline screwed against the block by a spark plug always helps payback theifs. Js haha

CHRIS.O

Royal Smart Person
May 26, 2011
MI
Really glad they recovered it. That sucks so bad when something is stolen from you, especially your pride and joy. I never had a car stolen, biggest thing was a cd player, amp, subs out of my truck. My brother borrowed it and parked it unlocked overnight. Worst part was I knew who did it but could not prove it. Again really glad they found it. Hopefully ti doesn't take too long to get it all worked out and get the car back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor