Rear Control Arms

Status
Not open for further replies.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
UMI polyurethane and roto-joints are the cats *ss. I need some adjustable ones for the wagon to replace the non-adjustable ones in there now - because race car things.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

81msw79

Master Mechanic
May 5, 2013
roselle park , nj
In my 81 wagon i did umi non adjustable rear arms with roto joints on one end with the poly at the other. I also did the umi agustable bracesvand the shock tie brace. You will notice alot better ride. I had full poly armes in car before these. I wont go back to full poly in rear on a car i am holding on to.

Reactions: 1 users

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
  • Informative

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
I have Hotchkiss non adjustable trailing arms on mu 1981 El Camino with now issues. There is a kit out there to box your stock ones for about $20.00 from Original Parts Group .For another option.

I have the full Hotchkis set on my 81 coupe but I didnt want to spend big $$ on the wagon. The original arms from the wagon were in fair condition. Not mint. I couldnt see not replacing them with something decent after putting so much work into everything else. The UMIs arent a lot of money, they'll look good under there and Im sure theyre a huge step up from stock.
I still have to get a set of shocks,misc brake parts, seals, maybe bearings, emergency brake cables and a set of backing plates.

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Im thinking that would be a good deal if I was that far up North. UMI is in PA. Im on Long Island. Shipping cant be too much and they get $289 for the set.

Just don't make the mistake I made when I ordered the first time from UMI, I clicked on UPS instead of USPS and it cost me $92 to ship $185 in parts.....:doh:

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: 1 user

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I ordered my UMI rear control arms from Summit for my Regal but I went with the upper adjustable with the roto-joint so when I lower the car I can readjust my pinion angle. I feel once you start to deviate from stock it is nice to have some adjustability.

• Agree
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor