Recent G-body Prices - WTF?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuffregal83

G-Body Guru
Mar 30, 2016
Lockport, Il
The last gbody rolled off of the assembly line in Dec 1987. None were manufactured in 1988.

There were 88 model year Cutlass and Monte Carlos while the Regal, Grand Prix, and El Camino ended in the 1987 model year.

Wagons gone in 83
4dr cars gone in 84

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

HAFROD

Royal Smart Person
Jul 15, 2013
Claremore, OKLAHOMA
The last gbody rolled off of the assembly line in Dec 1987. None were manufactured in 1988.

There were 88 model year Cutlass and Monte Carlos while the Regal, Grand Prix, and El Camino ended in the 1987 model year.
Not true. I've talked to experts. they said they got a factory twin turbo Grand National in 88 and another experts neighbor has a factory 1990 350 Monte Carlo SS. Don't know where your getting your info :ROFLMAO: :doh:

• Winner
Reactions: 1 user

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Not true. I've talked to experts. they said they got a factory twin turbo Grand National in 88 and another experts neighbor has a factory 1990 350 Monte Carlo SS. Don't know where your getting your info :ROFLMAO: :doh:
Any of your experts able to give some details on the rare '84 GS? The last one I saw was for sale in Pittsburgh back in the late '90's. I guess thats what a GN wanted to grow up to be. :LOL:

oldsmobile joe

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2015
mpls
4 door bonnevilles and cutlass were available until 86
cutlass sedans were produced thru 87. i owned one, i wish i kept it. fully loaded, gauges, all four power windows, locks, ant, seat, cruise, tilt.

zdeckich

Master Mechanic
Jun 23, 2013
Fort Worth, TX
I've watched that one come and go a few times too. Only thing I think it has going for it may be a "solid" drivetrain but who is buying that to use what is there? Base model Malibu, 14" wheels/tires are rollers, paint is gone, interior is dried out, emissions equip stripped, ac parts stripped, no doubt a 2.29 open rear, not much there to start with over a solid shell in my opinion.

I think the ability to find a great, clean car, in stock condition that just needs cleaned up is done with G-bodies unless garage finds and grandma cars keep popping up, otherwise we are starting to see that most have been used for dirt tracking or cash for clunkers and prices rise as others figure this out.

I thought about buying this car several times. but its kinda to far gone for the price.

jiho

Royal Smart Person
Jul 26, 2013
I still think these people have misread the demand. Cheap G-bodies were popular because they were cheap. I continue to struggle to see them as any kind of "classic" except cheap. The higher the price, the more appealing other cars start to look.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: 3 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
I still think these people have misread the demand. Cheap G-bodies were popular because they were cheap. I continue to struggle to see them as any kind of "classic" except cheap. The higher the price, the more appealing other cars start to look.

I am back looking at IROCs, GTAs, Corvettes and LS1 Camaros because you get way more car for the money.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor