regal w/grand prix front end

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qdub24

Royal Smart Person
Sep 6, 2006
Columbus, GA
rIbBaD said:
This thread is just getting redonkulously out of hand!

On topic.. I think Regal front ends are far nicer than the GP front ends and feel you shouldn't make this front in swap, however it's up to you.

I concur.

Randy_W

G-Body Guru
Oct 16, 2005
Eastern Shore
It's not about what a donk is or isn't, not ever my point, duh! My point was Qdub24 felt it was fine for him to diss on someone for putting a GP front on a Regal because he, whoever 'he' is, thought it was ugly. But when someone dissed his donk he wanted to get little bitchy about it. That was the point. I couldn't care less if someone wants to donk their ride, it's their ride, just like the Regal with the GP front will be his ride. Anyone understand? :|

1979ratrod

Royal Smart Person
Dec 26, 2010
New Hampshire
Randy_W said:
It's not about what a donk is or isn't, not ever my point, duh! My point was Qdub24 felt it was fine for him to diss on someone for putting a GP front on a Regal because he, whoever 'he' is, thought it was ugly. But when someone dissed his donk he wanted to get little bitchy about it. That was the point. I couldn't care less if someone wants to donk their ride, it's their ride, just like the Regal with the GP front will be his ride. Anyone understand? :|
X2 Qdub24 is way to anal about the term donk, like really no one gives a sh*t if it actually means impala or whatever but thats what everyone calls a car with big gay *ss rims

montecarlo-ts

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 27, 2010
1979ratrod said:
montecarlo-ts said:
you all look pathetic bickering over rim size and the meaning of donk. i signed up on the board a year ago and you all were doing the same stuff, so i quit coming here till a week ago. the guy likes big rims, so what. i like big rims, but i like my car sitting on the ground. who really cares what any of you think about his car. he built it for himself, not to please your eyes. as for the original poster id like to see it done. if you attempt it take pics to show how you went about each step.
how can you call someone pathetic when you stop coming here for a year cuz people were arguing about donks? :wtf:

its pathetic to even argue the point. no ones going to change the other sides view so why keep going on about it or bringing up the term. i signed up for some knowledge about g bodies. i found some knowledge, tried to give some and was out. big rims arent the majority of this boards cup of tea, i get it. ill go find a place that likes big rims on layed out cars when i need that info.

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
:roll: I don't give a crap what a donk is, I'm not reliving this horsepucky. Any more bickering over the dictionary definition of donk bubble box conestoga wagon or hoopty poon mobile gets this or any other thread locked..... :twisted:

67rstbkt

G-Body Guru
Sep 30, 2010
Reno, Nevada
So just a re-cap here; this thread started out with someone asking if a GP front end would fit on a regal.

Then, someone (who happens to like big wheels), called the GP the ugliest G-body out there.
Then, someone else (who like GP's) struck back at big wheels.
Then, the meaning of the term Donk was argued
Then, there was some more bitchin' and moaning...

So, here's what I want to know. Will the GP parts work on the regal or not? And what's the point of the rest of this thread? Can't we all just get along? I'll admit that I do not like the look or see the point of a wheel bigger than a certain size, but I can appreciate the work and money spent on the car. Let's just call a truce and move one. :mrgreen:

outsider_27

G-Body Guru
Mar 23, 2009
Aberdeen, SD
1979ratrod said:
Randy_W said:
X2 Qdub24 is way to anal about the term donk, like really no one gives a sh*t if it actually means impala or whatever but thats what everyone calls a car with big gay *ss rims

Could not agree more. I hate the big rims, but I'm not going to loose sleep over what a donk is or isn't.

I think if someone wants to put a GP front end on a Regal is a little strange, but if he chooses to do it, let him. If nothing else we will all see if it worked out or not if he posts pics.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I think they'd have to use the doors from the GP as well...the contour of top of the fenders where they meet to door is not even close between the two cars..

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor