Removing Dash Bulbs

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingcolbert83

G-Body Guru
Mar 26, 2008
I am in the process of removing the dash bulbs to replace with led bulbs. I am just wondering what did you use to remove the bulbs that are in the super tight holes. I tried sliding them out with my fingers but they are in there good and I cannot get enough grip.

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
I had this same problem. All I could do was wiggle them back and forth til they slowly came out. At first they didnt move AT ALL but slowly they came free. Its a pain in the dick!

beermonkey9417

Royal Smart Person
Apr 8, 2007
des plaines, il
why go thorough all that effort when ya can get direct replacement leds at superbrightleds.com. but, if ya really wanna do it yer self yer gonna need some resistors to acomidate for the voltage. what i did was drill a tiny hole in the back side and used a paperclip to push it out.

dream on mcss

G-Body Guru
Jun 22, 2011
Oxford, MI

G-Body_Vet

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 15, 2010
I had led dash lights in a different car and didn't like them. IMO, they concentrated too much light in one area and the gauges never looked evenly illuminated to me. But who knows, maybe they're different in a g-body.

kingcolbert83

G-Body Guru
Mar 26, 2008
I've replaced two of them but I am about to say bump it. Its seeming like its not even worth the trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor