Repair OR Replace ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

JAMCAR223

Royal Smart Person
Jun 6, 2014
Houston, TX.
My passenger side front floor pan. What would you do?
IMG_2898.JPG

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I would install a new partial pan just to replace the affected area.

• Agree
Reactions: 4 users

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
View attachment 188370
How's the underside? If it's just thin from rust from above, I vote repair. Those are just a couple tiny spots of flat metal that have holes.

If it's got some rust underneath as well, amd was thinning from both sides, perhaps replace.

The least invasive repair is typically the best, and, let's you spend time working on other areas sooner.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Replace with OE donor pan

Or plasma spray if you're rich!

• Agree

abbey castro

Royal Smart Person
Oct 31, 2015
Harker Hts TX
Partial or full pan replacement is the best way but.... labor intensive/cost. Depends what you want: good and expensive or partially good and cheap. If it was me, weld the holes and grind smooth from both sides where possible.

Reactions: 2 users

87National

G-Body Guru
Apr 15, 2009
eastern SD
View attachment 188370
How's the rest of the car? Is this more of a daily driver..... or closer to something that gets trailered to car shows?

For me, if it was a daily driver, and the rest of the car had its flaws.......no question....I'd repair it....mig weld the small holes....and weld in tiny patch panels for the bigger ones.

Now if it were a low mile original and everything else was in excellent shape.....or if it had a high $ paint job and perfect interior......I'd take a hard look at replacing it.

Reactions: 1 users

scoti

Royal Smart Person
Sep 5, 2019
Texas
Partial pan replacement. It will be the least amount of effort/time yielding the most return.

Reactions: 1 users

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Answer this question. After you're done with the build...

...are you plannin' on hypin' and sellin' or keepin' and drivin'??

And however you answer the above question should enlighten you to the answer to your first question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor