Retirement

Status
Not open for further replies.

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Hang in there. I have a fractured back and exercise to keep it at bay. Surgery is last choice. I get a massage monthly and go to a float tank for relief. Both are amazing. Good luck
What is this float tank? I'm always interested in something new to try. I used to have a great PT but when we relocated I lost access to her and never did find someone who was good down here that my body responded well to.

My laundry list

Cerebellar tonsillar ectopia with 4mm compression shift
c3-c4 left disc herniation, luschka's joint/facet issues
c4-c5 central disc herniation, mild stenosis (10mm AP), luschka's joint/facet issues
c5-c6 left and rear herniation, nerve compression, stenosis, luschka's joint/facet issues
c6-c7 herniation, stenosis, luschka's joint/facet issues
c7-t1 luschka's joint/facet issues
t2-t3 broad herniation, stenosis
t8-t9 broad herniation, stenosis
l2-l3 facet issues, ligamentum flavum issues
l3-l4 broad based herniation, facet issues
l4-l5 broad based herniation, facet issues
l5-s1 center protruding herniation, annular tear (rupture)

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 3 users

airboatgreg

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 2, 2016
What is this float tank? I'm always interested in something new to try. I used to have a great PT but when we relocated I lost access to her and never did find someone who was good down here that my body responded well to.

My laundry list

c4-c5 central disc herniation, mild stenosis (10mm AP), luschka's joint/facet issues
c5-c6 left and rear herniation, nerve compression, stenosis, luschka's joint/facet issues
It is an awesome experience. You float in a large egg shaped tank. Not a hot tub. Completely dark if you want it. Fully floating in water with no pressure on the body at all.

Reactions: 2 users

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006

My laundry list

Holy crap, Dude!

You should just get Dr. Predator to replace your spine. Well, he's good at quick removal, but installation probably not so good.

d7e6b2e4d87fe20b3b09b61ea5ee3ad9--sci-fi-horror-horror-movies.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Holy crap, Dude!

You should just get Dr. Predator to replace your spine. Well, he's good at quick removal, but installation probably not so good.

d7e6b2e4d87fe20b3b09b61ea5ee3ad9--sci-fi-horror-horror-movies.jpg
My better half is more into comic/marvel movies and such. I joke with her every christmas/birthday that I want a cyborg or robot spine like in her movies.

Still haven't gotten it though.

Today stunk to high heaven because even after almost 5 years my brain wants to do things my body can't anymore. Frustration and internally directed anger doesnt even start to cover it.

It is an awesome experience. You float in a large egg shaped tank. Not a hot tub. Completely dark if you want it. Fully floating in water with no pressure on the body at all.

I'm absolutely going to look into that. I've got a pretty solid health plan, wonder how much they'll cover? (Already exceeded deductible for the year and only $500 away from out-of-pocket maximum.)

Reactions: 1 user

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Back pain ain't no joke. I can't personally relate (yet, anyway) but my brother has had several spine operations due to a myriad of vertebrae issues, and he had to retire a bit early as a truck driver a couple years ago because of it. He used to race his 71 Camaro and play lead guitar in a local band not all that long ago, but now he's had to sell all the race car stuff and drop out from the band scene. Now he's lucky to get a cup of coffee from the kitchen by himself. It can be debilitating.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users

Tony1968

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Jul 1, 2018
NW Indiana

My laundry list

Have you tried decompression therapy? Many methods out there. It helped me but I was already 3 deep into surgeons summer home fund before I found out about it.
I would have never had these operations had i known

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Have you tried decompression therapy? Many methods out there. It helped me but I was already 3 deep into surgeons summer home fund before I found out about it.
I would have never had these operations had i known
Yes sir, and as much as I hate being on the medications, I've got lots of those too.

Once you're cut there's no going back as you know. Not that there's a ton of good options there anyways. No FDA replacement approvals for more than 2 adjacent levels, more than that is still a no go these days. And fusion was actually recommended against by the cutters, saying they wouldn't recommend that much of it for anyone of my age bracket. Spinal cord stimulators had too many risks for the number of levels needing leads.

So we mixed traction, massage and manual manipulation therapies, tens units, tons of assorted pills which I asked last month re: cutting back to any other options if possible and we are supposed to revisit next week. Also alternate epidural injections with radio frequency ablation for monthly outpatient procedures. Hopefully new procedures will come out as time goes by, or, at least that's what I try to convince myself of.

airboatgreg

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 2, 2016
Yes sir, and as much as I hate being on the medications, I've got lots of those too.

Once you're cut there's no going back as you know. Not that there's a ton of good options there anyways. No FDA replacement approvals for more than 2 adjacent levels, more than that is still a no go these days. And fusion was actually recommended against by the cutters, saying they wouldn't recommend that much of it for anyone of my age bracket. Spinal cord stimulators had too many risks for the number of levels needing leads.

So we mixed traction, massage and manual manipulation therapies, tens units, tons of assorted pills which I asked last month re: cutting back to any other options if possible and we are supposed to revisit next week. Also alternate epidural injections with radio frequency ablation for monthly outpatient procedures. Hopefully new procedures will come out as time goes by, or, at least that's what I try to convince myself of.
See if there is float therapy near you. Good luck. Technology gets better every day

Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
I had a microdiscectomy and laminectomy done in 2017 and every day since has been better than the pain leading up to it. If someone floats you that as a viable procedure I highly recommend it. It got me well enough to get back to it enough to keep the pain and spasms away for the most part. I've had a normal life since. I had a pinched nerve, I'll say it's no substitute for a fusion or whatever else they're doing for folks who are worse off than I was. I can retire from the military in 2 years, 11 months, and 25 days. Not that I'm counting. From there I get to figure out what retirement retirement looks like, I'm thinking do stuff until I can't without using the rest of me up because once you stop doing stuff, it's all downhill. I fell it'll take most of my life to "build the empire", hopefully one or more of the kids is into it assuming I end up with something decent and self sustaining.

Reactions: 1 users

303'505rollin

G-Body Guru
Sep 4, 2020
Colorado2newmexico
I've used that, my PT place calls it a body temp pool not very deep but nice and warm and just enough so you don't put any pressure on anything kind of like an anti-gravity thing it's nice

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor