Reverse light issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
Back drive is not connected from column to trans. I will try and get a pic of it after work tonight
Thanks, feeling down by the trans I feel there are two holes so I am guessing the whole setup is gone. Guess I will have to track one down

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
No the collar does not move, but the steering wheel locks. What do you think that means?
The collar on the column is not connected to the shift linkage and is in the park position. The back drive linkage is either extremely sloppy or non-existent.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

hoffa65

Master Mechanic
Mar 11, 2019
Atlanta GA
Thanks, feeling down by the trans I feel there are two holes so I am guessing the whole setup is gone. Guess I will have to track one down
A couple of pics of back drive.
First is at bottom of column
Second is linkage from column to trans selector input bracket
20190925_000806.jpg
20190925_000717.jpg

• Winner
  • Informative
Reactions: 2 users

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
Thanks guys, yet another hang up since it also would be what I used to control the back up camera so got to wait to get this interior back in. Waiting to hear if my buddy that LS swapped his Malibu kept that piece since he didn't need it anymore

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Thanks guys, yet another hang up since it also would be what I used to control the back up camera so got to wait to get this interior back in. Waiting to hear if my buddy that LS swapped his Malibu kept that piece since he didn't need it anymore

wouldn't it be easier to tap into the wire for the reverse lights to trigger the camera. ?

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
wouldn't it be easier to tap into the wire for the reverse lights to trigger the camera. ?
I would think so, but waiting to hear back from the company. They included a video wire and power wire connected to run up to the head unit, trying to find out how they want these run since they don't include any real instructions. I ran a backup camera on my GTO when I first got it and they were just coming out, I bought a XM antenna and drilled a hole into it on top of my roof because I didn't want to drill a huge hole in for the camera. But I wired that one as a accessory on that I would just access on the head unit any time I wanted

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I would think so, but waiting to hear back from the company. They included a video wire and power wire connected to run up to the head unit, trying to find out how they want these run since they don't include any real instructions. I ran a backup camera on my GTO when I first got it and they were just coming out, I bought a XM antenna and drilled a hole into it on top of my roof because I didn't want to drill a huge hole in for the camera. But I wired that one as a accessory on that I would just access on the head unit any time I wanted

a friend of mine who installs them always uses a reverse light wire

Reactions: 1 user

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
Yeah that makes sense, I'm just behind the curve on it because when i wired it up almost 15 years ago and I used an eBay camera since it was far superior to what Eclipse wanted 5x the price for. Still trying to work out how the headunit will know to switch to it when in reverse if just the camera is getting power, but honestly had other headaches to look at first. But I am thinking it might wire differently into the head unit to also get the reverse signal

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor