Rochester Dual Jet Air Cleaner Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eric Zeman

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 24, 2015
Sioux City Iowa
I have the Rochester dual jet carb on my olds 260 in my cutlass. I want to put an aftermarket air cleaner on it to clean the engine bay up while I am waiting to get the new motor built. The problem I am running into is finding an adapter plate to fit this carb to an aftermarket air cleaner base, does anyone know of one out there??Thanks!

79wagonator

Greasemonkey
Apr 21, 2011
Long Island, NY
I don't think anyone even makes an adapter for that. I took my dualjet off. was gonna rebuild it but the throttle shaft was all sloppy and not worth the effort.. If you have the stock unit, why not just clean it up and spray it with some satin black.

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
If it's the electric dual jet with the kidney bean shapped top one from a 231 v6 will fit. It's taller but smaller. Takes up less space.

RegalBegal

G-Body Guru
Jul 10, 2009
Goldsboro, NC
A dual jet is basicly half a quadrajet. use any aftermerket 4 barrel air cleaner you want and cut a filler out of sheet metal for the rear half of the opening. you can pop rivet or screw it to the air cleaner base. Use some RTV to seal it.

Or you could buy this:

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/mrg-6400

mrg-6400_w_ml.jpg

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: 1 user
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
That sucks. What I am going do is paint it gloss black and maybe use my 10" chrome air cleaner lid and K&N filter inside the stock housing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor