Rusted Rear Frame Rails???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
I used the trunk latch hook when I did mine, but my car's floors and such were in good condition at the time. If your tail light panel is in poor condition, or the trunk floor, etc are bad this would not be a good idea.

mwynette

n00b
Jun 1, 2009
Cambridge, Ontario
I have fixed dozens of g-body frames and installed a half dozen that Conrad made. GM butt welded the frames right from new. If you look closely at one you can see the weld in the same place that Conrad's end. It's been a few years since I last did one, but I remember he has a 12 gauge insert for something to weld to when you butt it together. His body-mount repair pieces are also really good. I can install them for people at home in my garage. Prices would start around $600 plus the kit. I am located in Cambridge, Ontario Canada.

n8dogg

Apprentice
Apr 2, 2009
Winnipeg, Canada
you do not need to lift the frame to change the rails . I just did it a week ago with conrads kit. There is lots of room for a good weld.

fix was on a 85 grand prix.

1979hurst

Apprentice
Sep 4, 2006
milford, Nebraska
i would find a new whole frame if you welding skills are not the greatest! that way at the same time you could also rebuild it and do new brakes etc...
that is the way i would do it...
i got a frame if anyone is interested in one....

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor