Sealed H4 to HID conversion headlights

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeltaDevil88

Greasemonkey
May 15, 2011
Dallas,TX
I currently have the stock halogen 4x6 H4 sealed headlights on my 85 olds Delta 88 but want to upgrade my lighting to 5k or 6k HIDS

I know I need new headlight housing to do this can somebody show me a good quality set I can get that dont cost a arm and a leg???

Also any pics with HIDS installed would be greatly appreciated.

94gtfreak

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 6, 2009
I just did the same to my 84 Calais...love it! Best damn upgrade i've done yet!

(heres the lights I used)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/95-97-S1 ... 35b20cc187

DDMtuning.com was were I got the HID's from. Great customer service and excellent prices!

Pix...
IMAG0141.jpg

IMAG0142.jpg

IMAG0143.jpg

IMAG0144.jpg

DeltaDevil88

Greasemonkey
May 15, 2011
Dallas,TX
NICE!!! this is exactly what I was looking for, your HIDS look awesome are they 6k?.............mainly my question was just for trying to find the headlight housings............ The ebay set you have are only 24.99 whats the quality on these??? are they sealed well or just cheapos???

94gtfreak

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 6, 2009
My HID's are 8k. I would like to think my headlights are sealed pretty good...I've power washed the car a few times and not leaks and no condensation.

86_olds

G-Body Guru
Jul 26, 2009
so cal
at that price i wouldnt expect them to be perfect i bought the same for my car around the same price my passenger side is perfect while my driver side leaks not to mention i had to cut the buckets to fit them right since the back of it has a round grommit also

94gtfreak

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 6, 2009
True 86_Olds...but nothing a dremel with a good cutoff wheel can't fix.

79MaliCrazz

G-Body Guru
Nov 6, 2010
Lake Wylie,SC
I bought all of my headlights parts off of eBay they are the 6000k and I had to cut the housing no bigger and I put a bead of silicone around the headlights just to make sure it doesn't get any moisture or water in it but this pic shows you the difference of the stock light and the HID 6000k light hope it helps.

Attachments

• IMAG0004.jpg
    IMAG0004.jpg
    670 KB · Views: 1,914

79MaliCrazz

G-Body Guru
Nov 6, 2010
Lake Wylie,SC
DeltaDevil88 said:
Thanks guys ebay it is! what kinda sealent should I use???

Use a clear silicone and it should says interior/exterior and this is the headlights lens Im using there many others but this one seems to make the HIDs be alittle more brighter.

Attachments

• $(KGrHqQOKk!E29RJnSheBNyKwN5pfg~~0_12.JPG
    $(KGrHqQOKk!E29RJnSheBNyKwN5pfg~~0_12.JPG
    58.8 KB · Views: 1,831
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor