searching for lost monte..

Status
Not open for further replies.

That 4 door guy

Master Mechanic
Feb 4, 2010
937 Dayton, Ohio
so i recently learned my old 83 monte carlo that was taken by sugarcreek police (greene county ohio), was not crushed but put up for sale in a police auction. i live in dayton ohio 45410. and as far as i know it was auctioned off around here. if there is anyone on here that may know anything leading to me possibly being reunited with this car will get a reward. car was a light blue with matching interior. chevy (vette) ralley wheels, surface rust on the hood. vinyl top was cracking, and to make it more distinctive, the block and heads were painted a ugly lime green color. 350/350 trans. had a lil dent on front passenger fender before wheel well. i did that when i was replacing a radiator hose with my knee. the radiator was the same lime green color. the radiator did have hairline cracks around the cap. and when they took it the alternator belt was in need of replacement as well as the battery. had a pioneer cd player super tuner III series, and a grey craftsman 3 drawer tool box with tools inside in the trunk. i miss this car dearly. has more sentimental value than you can ever imagine. please fellow gbody goers, if you might know anything about this car please let me know. ill post the only pic i have at the moment, but its just the back end. post more later. once again its a 83 monte carlo ls. had a lime green 350 block and heads, with a matching radiator. anything will help. thnx

That 4 door guy

Master Mechanic
Feb 4, 2010
937 Dayton, Ohio
this is the monte im talking about. i know picture quality completely sucks. and it actually is a light bluish silver. but it will have to do until i can get around a scanner.

Attachments

• candycarlo.jpg
    candycarlo.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 1,222

84e/c

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 25, 2010
bethpage.ny
i cant help you find it but i sure wish you good luck .is there any way you can do a vin. check? see if has been re registered. hope someone helps you out. carl

That 4 door guy

Master Mechanic
Feb 4, 2010
937 Dayton, Ohio
didnt know i could do that. can i just go up to the bmv and show my id and say gimme a print out of the vehicles ive owned? and thanks for the support. that was a great idea.

That 4 door guy

Master Mechanic
Feb 4, 2010
937 Dayton, Ohio
nice avatar...haha long story short i was dumb and ran from the red and blue lights, cops totaled a avalanche and a squad car. my monte and i were considered a nuisance so they took my license and the monte. said they were going to crush it. but i just found out it was put up for auction. but that wont happen again. car means WAY TOOO MUCH.

cdg1984

G-Body Guru
Oct 18, 2009
Evansville IN
Yeah i love that movie/book. No offense, but **** the car. I would just be thankful that no one got hurt while you were running. I dont know if you did any time or not, but if you didnt, I would just count my blessings and move on.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
That 4 door guy said:
nice avatar...haha long story short i was dumb and ran from the red and blue lights, cops totaled a avalanche and a squad car. my monte and i were considered a nuisance so they took my license and the monte. said they were going to crush it. but i just found out it was put up for auction. but that wont happen again. car means WAY TOOO MUCH.

didn't they make you pay for the damage you caused?...or did the taxpayers get stuck with the bill

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor