show off your exhaust

Status
Not open for further replies.

mms40

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 11, 2011
i wanted to get some ideas for my exhuast, i was thinkin bout just running it off before the axel and puttin turn down on, but i was thinkin today bout a vette i seen, he had 2 5 inch tips right next to each other in the middle angled down, i think on the right monte this would look sweet, but i would think you would have to cut out the bumper a bit to make it work and thoughts?

FE3X CLONE

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 2, 2009
Ohio
How do you plan to get around the gas tank?

You could make it work if you had a fuel cell in the trunk.

mms40

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 11, 2011
thats what i think would have to be done, i kinda am thinkin about doing it, my buddys vette looks badass with the 6in tips

kuruption109

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 28, 2008
highland, CA
mms40 said:
i wanted to get some ideas for my exhuast, i was thinkin bout just running it off before the axel and puttin turn down on, but i was thinkin today bout a vette i seen, he had 2 5 inch tips right next to each other in the middle angled down, i think on the right monte this would look sweet, but i would think you would have to cut out the bumper a bit to make it work and thoughts?
when i get my exhaust done i will only run it to the rear axle...

GhettoRacingKid

G-Body Guru
Jul 15, 2010
I got min dumped just before the axle.

when I had the complete custom made set on them many years ago. it was 2/12 all the way out the back and it followed the frame rails. looked and sounded pretty mint. but that was on a 79 Malibu with the heavy chrome bumper. no idea how it would look on your monte.

you could do side exits in front of the tires.

Minion1186

G-Body Guru
Apr 12, 2009
I did mine in 2 1/2 all the way from the collector reducers and back. I tried to make a stock looking exhaust, coming out the rear quarter just behind the tires.Since I have a more strip then street motor, i contemplated about getting dumps before the rear diff. but too late now. Manual cutouts will come soon enough for me.
4859310892_d33ee677f7_z.jpg

Justink

Greasemonkey
Nov 28, 2010
2.5'' from manifolds back with 16'' blue bottles and tips
1oosd4.jpg

454muscle

Royal Smart Person
Jan 31, 2010
Ontario, Canada eh!
mms40 said:
thats what i think would have to be done, i kinda am thinkin about doing it, my buddys vette looks badass with the 6in tips
You sure they're 6" tips?
This is what 6" tips look like:
6024914024_medium.jpg

normal_IMG_0596.jpg

HILTON

Apprentice
Apr 29, 2010
I was thinking about some boom sticks like what they use on nascar. They look tough and sound really good. But as a daily driver i dont think the neighbors would like that at 4 in the morning

Bumpin1ohmSS

Royal Smart Person
Jun 17, 2008
Cali to Az
From another thread I posted up in about exaust setups...

I have an "X" with cutouts. I was running headers out to some Thrush weldeds before the x. Sounded mean and clean. But after adding the X, I wont go back to straight pipe out to the mufflers. The X smoothed out the exhaust tone nicely..

Flipped the piping around so the exhaust would flow right out the opening when the cutout kit opens....

Mufflers-Thrush SS Welded's-2Chambers
"X"-Pypes X-Change
Headers-Doug's Headers
I had the pipes stop right before the rear axle. I want to add some turn dons and leave it like that. I wanted em to exit the rear behind each wheel, but will leave it as is..

Elco Warren 8)
80zBabiezCC

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor