Sllloooooowwww Build of 78 Cutlass

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Running Extreme Supreme's adapter brackets, you have to have an adapter on the driver's side to line up more than one bolt, 351W crank pulley and a 94 sbc truck water pump pulley and accessories with a reverse rotation Olds V6 diesel water pump.

• Informative
Reactions: 3 users

L.A.X-RATED

Royal Smart Person
Aug 25, 2010
Running Extreme Supreme's adapter brackets, you have to have an adapter on the driver's side to line up more than one bolt, 351W crank pulley and a 94 sbc truck water pump pulley and accessories with a reverse rotation Olds V6 diesel water pump.
Thank you for the link! I'm gonna order one of these adapter kits for my 455 buick stage 1 in my 78 "gran sport" regal,and borrow the layout to make a set-up for my 350 rocket in my 78 calais.

Reactions: 1 user

Lowdollarbuild

Apprentice
Dec 12, 2018
N E Georgia
I thought I would start a thread on the build of my Cutlass to, hopefully, keep me motivated. Instead of typing out a lot of info I'll post a video I made six years ago (I can't believe it has been that long!) that covers the basics, then post some pics of the current state of things. Please excuse the mess in the garage, I'm working on it!

The current state of affairs...

Not trying to bust your b@lls, but at least remove stuff around your car so you don't have stuff you could trip on. Learned the bad way, broke 5 ribs.

Reactions: 1 users

crab0000

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 26, 2019
North Georgia
Not trying to bust your b@lls, but at least remove stuff around your car so you don't have stuff you could trip on. Learned the bad way, broke 5 ribs.
I totally agree and am working on it. I start cleaning up and the next thing I know the motor's out! LOL

crab0000

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 26, 2019
North Georgia
So, I bit the bullet and decided to clean out the inside of the car. I knew there had been some rodent activity in in, but didn't know the extent of it. Here's what I found.

After cleaning most of the crap out I'm not sure if it was rats or squirrels. There were ll kinds of leaves and berries from the Holly tree outside the garage in it. I think I found where the main nest is. Now I just have to get up the nerve to pull the back seat out!

It looks a little better now.

I also got the front suspension off on the driver's side along with getting the main wiring harness out.

My plan for the near future is to get the front frame and firewall stripped and painted. Should I do the firewall chassis black or gloss black?

LLucast80

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 7, 2018
Thanks for posting the picture of your garage. I think mine might be a tiny bit cleaner, but not much. Every time I have to work around someting, I promise to spend a day cleaning and organizing. And some day I will.

• Optimistic
Reactions: 1 user

crab0000

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 26, 2019
North Georgia
Thanks for posting the picture of your garage. I think mine might be a tiny bit cleaner, but not much. Every time I have to work around someting, I promise to spend a day cleaning and organizing. And some day I will.
Glad I'm not the only one! It's a good bit cleaner now, but I have way too much stuff and not enough space.

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Anybody have any hints on how to remove the A pillar stainless trim around the door? I have the windshield trim off, but can't see how this comes off.

For the A pillar trim, you need to first remove the weather stripping from the black channel it’s glued into. Be forewarned tho, it’s a bear to get out, and you probably won’t be able to do it without destroying the weather stripping. Many aftermarket vendors offer replacements tho.

Once you have the weather stripping removed, you’ll see the screws that hold the channel onto the A pillar and roof. (It’s all one piece). Remove those and the channel and you’ll see the second set of screws underneath that hold the chrome trim on.

• Informative
Reactions: 3 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor