Run a g body into one of these "safe" new cars and see who walks/drives away

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Run a g body into one of these "safe" new cars and see who walks/drives away
For sure....hell back in the day i bumped a pole on a chainlink fence pulling into a buddies driveway (18yrs old still getting used to my cutlass). Barely even scuffed the corner of the front bumper cover, but bent the crap out of the pole lol!

I feel safer in my cutlass than my daily drivers due to our cars being all metal, with the exception of the header panel and bumper covers/fillers.

Reactions: 1 user

L67ss

Royal Smart Person
Dec 8, 2016
I destroyed a Nissan in 04.....that Nissan went to the shredder and the driver an ambulance. Me? Me and my 86 cutlass drove home

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Haha not too sure about our cars being safe. I know I don't want to get into anything after watching this:

Something strange in that video. The shoulder belts extended and did not hold the occupants in place. The shoulder belts will lock in my GP if I hit the brakes real hard.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario

The car was slammed from behind by a car doing at least 50 mph and the occupents survived. There is always an issue with cars having a gas tank in the back. My 2004 Jeep had a recall because of the exposure of the gas tank and the fix is to put on a trailer hitch. Crown Vics had a problem with fires caused by rear end collisions. When you drive a car you can't expect to be protected from everything

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

kalidromos13

Master Mechanic
Oct 12, 2016
Palmdale, CA
Just putting the info out there. It's always good to know what could possibly go wrong haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor