So What Do YOU Suggest I Do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

67rstbkt

G-Body Guru
Sep 30, 2010
Reno, Nevada
bill said:
well..the fact that people would have to provide this info would probably weed out the scammers from the real deals. 90% of the sellers on here are legit, so you would just be dealing with the other 10%. If theres an issue, than the person being ripped off could call on you for that info, if and when all other attempts have failed, and then that person could deal with it themselves. The privacy issues go out the window when somebody is getting ripped off...right? True, paypal is a definite deterent to fraud, but it isnt fool proof. There are some people dont use it or dont like to use it, which to me, should be a red flag itself....Ive bought several things on here and had almost zero issues...positive feedback is the best motivator and insurance for those who want to buy/sell on here...imo

bill, like you said, positive feedback is the best motivator. My thoughts on this are that if you are willing to take the risk buying from a questionable source, that should be on you. There is no fool-proof method here and asking GP403 to take that responsibility is not going to change anything other than make this harder than it needs to be. If you're not comfortable with the transaction or are suspicious, walk away from the deal.

As for the rest of the stuff, I say just enforce the rules we have now. If someone gets out of line, they get a warning, then a vacation. It's really only a handful of people that instigate around here anyways.

bill

Royal Smart Person
Jul 11, 2008
southside va/lake gaston
GP403 said:
bill said:
well..the fact that people would have to provide this info would probably weed out the scammers from the real deals. 90% of the sellers on here are legit, so you would just be dealing with the other 10%. If theres an issue, than the person being ripped off could call on you for that info, if and when all other attempts have failed, and then that person could deal with it themselves. The privacy issues go out the window when somebody is getting ripped off...right? True, paypal is a definite deterent to fraud, but it isnt fool proof. There are some people dont use it or dont like to use it, which to me, should be a red flag itself....Ive bought several things on here and had almost zero issues...positive feedback is the best motivator and insurance for those who want to buy/sell on here...imo

Go back and read the part of my post you chose not to quote. It is a huge liability that I do not want. Not only that, why would a scammer give me their legitimate information? Am I supposed to run background checks on them, too? Think about what you're asking here and what it actually entails. Let's just say that this particular option is not happening.
Previous experience tells me that you know whats best for this site and things have worked well on here, so I guess I should let you do what you do and keep my suggestions to myself.... :friday:

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
bump. Back to the subject of the "veterans" vs. "new guys" backlash.... Let's leave the whole "big wheels" thing on the floor, along with the "for sale" arguments.

Dragonist

Master Mechanic
Dec 3, 2010
Dallas, Tx
85CutlassSalonRyder said:
How about an GBF Andriod app that notifies us on post? :wink:
+2 on this...also how about a andriod and Iphone chat app...I'll even buy it and I don't buy apps

beermonkey9417

Royal Smart Person
Apr 8, 2007
des plaines, il
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor