Space City 1982 GP Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
It would be cool to meet up. I don't fly so there's no way I'd get there in time. If you get stuck in Houston, particularly at IAH, give me a hollar.

you have no need to worry about flying, I have not worked on aircraft for years and all the planes I have worked on have already crashed or have been grounded for life...:cool:

• Haha
  • Scared
Reactions: 9 users

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
I'm excited to hear that you'll be starting on it soon. I'm imagining the work will happen pretty fast, especially if all three of you are involved.

• Agree
Reactions: 5 users

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
It's all good Jared I haven't seen my 78 Cutlass in 2 years now and my 87 is still sitting outside up in old bridge and Lauren's H/O ... I mowed the weeds around it Sunday. Someday soon I'm going to have a place with a nice garage and I'll get them all done yours is safe and sound sitting inside

Reactions: 3 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
What I'd love to pull off is buying what's called a garage condominium. They are a thing here in Texas. There are some near me that are 25'x50', with a 20' ceiling height. They are insulated and air conditioned. They have 220V service and have water and sewer service stubbed out within them. They have a large roll-up door, big enough for an RV and a separate pedestrian door. You buy them instead of rent them. Thus far I've elected to divert money into my 401k instead of take the plunge on the dream shop. The storage is pretty great for what it is, especially anytime from October to April.

That was my stay single plan.

Then I met my wife, bought a garage that came with a house, had kids. Never say never.

• Agree
Reactions: 5 users

JAMCAR223

Royal Smart Person
Jun 6, 2014
Houston, TX.
Well, I got excited... But... I'm just sayin' Power Tour was over last week, so you got 11 months until you would need to have your car running if you want to do Power Tour 2020. But like I said before, Cruisin the Coast is WAY more fun ( and much closer ), and with 10,000 cars, it's the way to go. That is usually the first week of October, so that gives you about 15 months to get the car ready for that. Feelin' the pressure yet?? I am. I want the Butless Cutlass driving to Cruisin' the Coast 2020. I got a lot to do - ( body, paint, suspension, interior, and engine swap ). I have 1 and 1/2 truck payments left on my Ram, and then I'll get my shop space back. Until then, I'm buying every part I need to rebuild the car. It's hot AF, but I still got outside this weekend and cleaned some hardware. Stay motivated... meet me at the Cruise In on Friday nights. Being around the cars keeps me motivated. You do good work, and it's time you reap the rewards of that work. Having Sean will be a huge help in achieving your goals. C'mon... Let's do this!! BTW, I'm doing Cruisin' the Coast this year with the GN.

Reactions: 4 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Still waiting for the weather to turn. It was 100° here today. I've been really busy at work lately so I spent the overtime money on the GP for when the weather does turn. It has to happen soon. The days are noticeably shorter and there is precious little regular season baseball left. We can't wait. Here is a teaser that illustrates some of my scheming and planning, and the fruits of my overtime....
20190904_170245.jpg

Reactions: 14 users

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
I get it, work now so you can play later. Currently doing the same thing myself.

Reactions: 3 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
I'm really close to calling you Tejas boys a bunch of pansies. 100 is uncomfortable, but hardly unbearable. And the lowest you get is 40? Come on now!!!
Could I go work on it? Absolutely. Do I want to? No. James is working on his. I'm a solo Panzie.

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor