Square body crew

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
Nonsense. An SBC will pull that hog just fine. My dad pulled 400 cases of milk with a stove bolt 6 back in the day. A 366 BBC (long stroke, tall deck) would be cool in that thing though.
Another idea I had is one of my spare olds 455s and an emblem change
REO bravada W-30 now that's oldsmobilia

Reactions: 1 user

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Another idea I had is one of my spare olds 455s and an emblem change
REO bravada W-30 now that's oldsmobilia
It would be different, but I can't get with you on that one Mr. Eric. BBO doesn't belong in a Chevy truck. But that is just my opinion, which doesn't count for much. In the end, what matters is that you like it and are happy with it.

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
It would be different, but I can't get with you on that one Mr. Eric. BBO doesn't belong in a Chevy truck. But that is just my opinion, which doesn't count for much. In the end, what matters is that you like it and are happy with it.
I think we all know that L82 is staying right were it is until I gernade it I have enough work to do lol

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
So this weekend I didn't get a hole lot done. Saturday afternoon I went to my friends girlfriend's wake cancer at 42 seems to be normal these days. Sunday afternoon took the kids to the New Jersey outdoor expo found out Lauren likes shooting a bow! Anyway when I had time I played with the equipment on the truck.its funny when I got that utility body I thaught it was to big. Well now that it's starting to gain tools and equipment.....it seems to be getting smaller fast lol I think my organization skills are going to need to improve vastly!

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
I'm getting some work done today it's wired for trailer lights but not brakes yet I need a controller I did find a nice trailer plug at the store that fit the hacked hole in the bumper so it worked out good
15055998747701919601977.jpg
mounted the welder with new stainless steel hardware and grounded it to the body. Also dropped the tank again and ran a new ground for it. Hooked up the wires for the fuel gauge ....I think it's still untested. Then I started playing with a tail gate.... I'm not sure what I want to do. I have been thinking to much again and I may just mount it as is. It's a beat up 61 flee side gate off of my uncle's first truck. I was going to cut it up make it smaller and customize it but it kinda looks ok the way it is what do you think?
IMG_20170916_180237773.jpg
the tape is were I was thinking of cutting it but it's going to be a work table so I may need the size

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
I was going to cut it up make it smaller and customize it but it kinda looks ok the way it is what do you think?

It's a work truck. Form follows function. I say keep it wide for the extra work room. You can make it look good.

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
I agree with the others, this thing is going to be an awesome truck when you're done!
Thanks

cool truck, just seems a tad underpowered with a 305.....
It's a 350 it's just a under powered 1980 Corvette l-82 I think they're a wopping 200 hp but it dose have headers and a performer intake so it probably like 180 hp lol

Reactions: 1 users

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
It's a work truck. Form follows function. I say keep it wide for the extra work room. You can make it look good.
Once again I think you're right I've been thinking about it all night and my answer was keep it simple stupid just get it done. Besides if I leave it hole it's an off the shelf available part I think it fits 60-66 fleet side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor