Square body crew

Status
Not open for further replies.

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
so I bought squarebodyforum.com. anyone want to join another forum?

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
So I wanted to post Thursday night but we'll.. I was quite lost with all the changes but it's raining here so I'm reexploring the sight and I think I got this lol

Thursday after work I cut off the ramps and Bryan from work showed up and we jumped in with bolth feet with cleats on. Sketchy at times but we got through it and no one lost any appendages with my genuine Saskatchewan seal skin bindings engine hoist floor jack 3 jack stands the Harbor Freight 1 ton jack from his Jeep Liberty and my OSHA approved firewood we managed to get it up on the stanchions I made with the suspension off
IMG_20180721_211541.jpg
IMG_20180721_211948.jpg
IMG_20180721_212129.jpg
IMG_20180721_212327.jpg
IMG_20180721_212327.jpg
IMG_20180719_200042556.jpg
IMG_20180721_212651.jpg

stanchions aren't welded yet and I have yet to make the brackets to bolt the compressor to the stanchions or well them on but I did figure out all the air plumbing and I got a water pump that I've got a plum in so it's closer

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: 3 users

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
Now back to the truck... Well the welder on the quarter panel anyway I got it running again today. You would think I'd be ecstatic about that right? .. not so much it runs better than ever before but it's not making any power at all so I guess the board is cooked that means Monday after work I'm probably going to be shopping for a new welder. So close but yet so far...

Reactions: 1 user

Firetruck1

Greasemonkey
Nov 1, 2017
That is one stout set up you have there. Id have been scared to put all that weight on a wood deck trailer!

Firetruck1

Greasemonkey
Nov 1, 2017
I'm referring to the engine hoist you had on there nd the other jack you used to remove the axle from the compressor. I fully understand how it is mounted, I'm simply referring to the operation of how you acheived the goal. I'm impressed by the ingenuity.

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
I'm referring to the engine hoist you had on there nd the other jack you used to remove the axle from the compressor. I fully understand how it is mounted, I'm simply referring to the operation of how you acheived the goal. I'm impressed by the ingenuity.
And here I thought OSHA would have been proud. Lol. I threw caution to the wind on that one if you go back a page or so we discussed options...I didn't have any so I rolled the dice on that one if it didn't work plan B was incorporating the winch of my other trailer and some kind of tripod. I'm glad I didn't go there.

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
Ok after work I flew over to Airgas in my truck (it didn't like that) to finde out about financing a new Miller for my quarter panel. Came to finde that store has only been there sense April and the retail store isn't built yet lol just my luck right. But he did tell me praxair Welding Supply bought out Welco gas on Route 33 in Farmingdale and they have Miller in stock! Now I'm just wondering if my truck will make it there in time after work without getting to hot. I know this I'm probably going to finde out tomorrow

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Ok after work I flew over to Airgas in my truck (it didn't like that) to finde out about financing a new Miller for my quarter panel. Came to finde that store has only been there sense April and the retail store isn't built yet lol just my luck right. But he did tell me praxair Welding Supply bought out Welco gas on Route 33 in Farmingdale and they have Miller in stock! Now I'm just wondering if my truck will make it there in time after work without getting to hot. I know this I'm probably going to finde out tomorrow

let me guess, you typed the message on your phone....:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor