SS interior in a wagon

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevenc8337

Greasemonkey
Nov 24, 2012
NYC
Hi all, I've been wondering what it would take and what resources are out there to make my malibu wagons interior modern and have the look of an SS monte with the center console and bucket seats. Also would love to add power windows and door locks. Has this ever been done before and is it expensive? Thanks for all your input. P.s. the photo is of my current interior.

Attachments

• 20160328_004057.jpg
    20160328_004057.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 227
Reactions: 1 user

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Since you have a full bench you will need the inner floor mounts to install buckets seats and you would also need mounts for the center console or they could easily be fabricated.
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-...0001&campid=5335822911&icep_item=141412469615
For power windows and doors if you can find a donor car you could get the parts and wiring from that otherwise there should be aftermarket versions available that you could buy and install.

Reactions: 4 users

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
It's easy once you come across the interior parts that you want. As 565bbc said, you'll need the center floor mounts for your bucket seats... and also a mount(s) for your console and shifter. That's pretty much what I did.

Reactions: 1 users

PBGBodyFan

G-Body Guru
Mar 3, 2009
Wisconsin
I’ll be doing all of those things to my wagon, the above post covers most of it. There are fewer power window/vent/lock wagons out there than manual, but they’re around. I have a complete setup pulled, plan to run it all like factory, I might keep manual front windows but have the wiring in place, the power lock and vents appeal to me more. You could get a wagon with just power locks/manual windows and I’m sure vice versa but usually they go hand in hand.

Inner seat mounts are available new/aftermarket, or you could cut some out of a car. For the hassle I’d just get new ones.

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016
Sounds like you’ve only looked at wagons for parts. The 4 doors are more likely to have the then luxury power options. Also split bench seats that use the same mounting brackets as a bucket seat car.

Reactions: 2 users

PBGBodyFan

G-Body Guru
Mar 3, 2009
Wisconsin
Good point above. Especially if you don't care about power vents, the rest would be identical in a sedan, my setup is from a 4 door Bonneville sedan, but I'm accumulating wagon power vent windows and plan to pick/test the best pair.

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016
Good point above. Especially if you don't care about power vents, the rest would be identical in a sedan, my setup is from a 4 door Bonneville sedan, but I'm accumulating wagon power vent windows and plan to pick/test the best pair.
I had a buddy that had an 83 Regal 4 door with the power rear door vent windows

Reactions: 1 user

PBGBodyFan

G-Body Guru
Mar 3, 2009
Wisconsin
I had a buddy that had an 83 Regal 4 door with the power rear door vent windows

They make good parts donors for wagons for a few things, but the vent glass is a different shape/size than the wagon, the lower part of the door is identical but the top/frame differs.

• Agree

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016
They make good parts donors for wagons for a few things, but the vent glass is a different shape/size than the wagon, the lower part of the door is identical but the top/frame differs.
Learn something new everyday

• Agree

stevenc8337

Greasemonkey
Nov 24, 2012
NYC
I'd like to make my wagon have the feel of the late 80s like 85 and up Monte carlo ss. With all the power options. I've seen a lot of the aftermarket parts online also. I would probably have to paint to match components. Looks like it would be fairly simple to do after parts availability. Thank you guys for your input.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor