Starter engages on own

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aaron87SS

n00b
Jul 5, 2010
Anyone ever had an issue with starter engaging by itself. Issue started as the starter sticking on during an occasion when I started the car without the key....my switch is wore out. I replaced the starter a few days ago and was able to start and shut down the car with no further issues. Thinking the issue was fixes I put the car back in the garage. To my suprise a few minutes later I noticed a horrible electrical smell and thought I could hear the car trying to start, and it was all on it own the starter was turning over by itself with no keys or anyone in the car.......any ideas? :wtf:

ERIC87442

G-Body Guru
Jul 18, 2009
Monroe, Wisconsin
i had that happen on my old 87 442, the problem was my starter wires were melted in a few spots and touching things and it would just start starting on its own even while driving

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor