Suck N Blow Monte

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turbo Zach

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 8, 2015
Where are you planning on getting gaskets for mounting the turbo back on the intake? FelPro discontinued them. I need a set too
I have 87 headers going on, not the junk stock drawthough ones. My turbo is going to be mounted like a intercooled car. I am also putting a 87 intercooler on too. The gaskets I am using or copper from TA Performance or Cottons. For your manifold to head you can use gaskets for newer engines. They are the same bolt patern. Use copper or those remflex gaskets. You don't want them to leak. 81cutlass is a good source for you. He rebuilt a draw through engine and put it in his Cutlass. Might try hitting him up. Good luck.

Reactions: 1 user

Canon_Mutant

Royal Smart Person
Aug 15, 2015
Wow, great find. The possibilities are endless when you start with a decent core. You'll find plenty of ideas here. And, if you choose, you don't have to worry about ANY of the stigma of putting a LS crate in that beauty either. But, you can get where you want with an appropriately equipped six and get quite decent mileage out of the ole' girl too.

Good luck . . .

Turbo Zach

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 8, 2015
Beings I spent all weekend trenching in water lines to hidrents and a electric line to my shed I will post some stuff I have all ready done. I brought a nice Weiland intake of Ebay a while back. Before the seller give me the missing top plate he must have died, because I can't get a hold of him anymore. So I made one, and painted it blue to match my engine.
20170718_203726.jpg
20170916_191236.jpg
I bought a set of 85 valve cover, and other parts.
20170713_202257.jpg
I cleaned them, sanded the fins, buffed the fins, and painted them blue too.
20170917_154905.jpg
See the theme here. No shiny stuff expect the fins. I want the engine to look some what factory. That is it for now.

Reactions: 3 users

Turbo Zach

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 8, 2015
Beings I spent all weekend trenching in water lines to hidrents and a electric line to my shed I will post some stuff I have all ready done. I brought a nice Weiland intake of Ebay a while back. Before the seller give me the missing top plate he must have died, because I can't get a hold of him anymore. So I made one, and painted it blue to match my engine. View attachment 75910 View attachment 75912 I bought a set of 85 valve cover, and other parts. View attachment 75913 I cleaned them, sanded the fins, buffed the fins, and painted them blue too. View attachment 75914 See the theme here. No shiny stuff expect the fins. I want the engine to look some what factory. That is it for now.
Wow, great find. The possibilities are endless when you start with a decent core. You'll find plenty of ideas here. And, if you choose, you don't have to worry about ANY of the stigma of putting a LS crate in that beauty either. But, you can get where you want with an appropriately equipped six and get quite decent mileage out of the ole' girl too.

Good luck . . .

Good luck . . .
Thank you and I hope so. I wanted something different. I found it not be very cost affective though.

Turbo Zach

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 8, 2015
How bout selling me your red air inlet hose stuff?
I am going to keep the factory stuff for now. Those are not too hard to find. Yours I believe was crome. That is harder to find. A while back some one on here was selling a complete engine.

Turbo Zach

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 8, 2015
If I was to do it over I would start with a complete 85 engine and put a inercooler on it. The engine and accessories would fit and work better. Right now there is a complete low mile 85 drive train for sale. Harness, computer, trany, and after market cooler for 1200 bucks. (HAFROD needs this!) I am too invested in my idea and build to go that route now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor