Suck N Blow Monte

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turbo Zach

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 8, 2015
It didn't level out? Rear looks low in your avatar....
That picture is before the drop spindles.
20180601_174856.jpg
This is a better picture. The two inch drop spindles lowered the front three inches when I wanted two. I have two inch UMI drop springs for the front I may go with eventually with Blazer brakes. I also plan on putting a little taller tire on the back when mine get worn out. It has more of a rake than what it looks like in the picture.
20180629_174447.jpg
This is more how I want the car to sit. It is on a three inch slope.

Reactions: 1 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
How? They are double pigtail.

Cut off one of the pig tails, cover it with a length of heater hose, and put the cut end up into the frame side spring pocket. Keep chopping of half coils until you are satisfied with the ride height.

Turbo Zach

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 8, 2015
Cut off one of the pig tails, cover it with a length of heater hose, and put the cut end up into the frame side spring pocket. Keep chopping of half coils until you are satisfied with the ride height.
That is what I did tonight. Thanks Mike!
20180922_192521.jpg
From my measurements I think I have my one inch drop. The dirt floor in my shed is not flat or level so it is hard to tell how exactly it will sit. From what I can see it looks a lot better. I plan on going to a car show tomorrow. I will get a picture of it on level ground. I had to watch my kids most of the day. My wife was working. They found something fun to do!
20180922_154043.jpg

• Haha
  • Winner
Reactions: 4 users

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Midstate machine has a chassis dyno... $80+ tax for a test run and a final run. Do iiiitt.

Reactions: 1 users

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Good to know. Do they have any one good at tuning? Are you going to the Cruise To The Woods?
It's mostly an oldschool place, I'd call them up and ask. The dyno guy was an older guy so probably not good with EFI. I'd get it as close as you think it can be, and run it. Come back next week after tweaking, and do it again. You have to call and reserve a spot. I called last month and set it up for yesterday.
As for the cruise, I have no idea. FT. Dodge is a long way in a car that only gets about 12mpg. And don't you have to pre register?

Turbo Zach

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 8, 2015
It's mostly an oldschool place, I'd call them up and ask. The dyno guy was an older guy so probably not good with EFI. I'd get it as close as you think it can be, and run it. Come back next week after tweaking, and do it again. You have to call and reserve a spot. I called last month and set it up for yesterday.
As for the cruise, I have no idea. FT. Dodge is a long way in a car that only gets about 12mpg. And don't you have to pre register?
You just spent 80 bucks to be told you are not making much horsepower, but you can not afford gas to go on the biggest cruise car show? You do not have to pay to go on the cruise, just to get into the car show. Check out my other thread. You could meet up with others coming from DesMoine and go as far north as you want. There is designated routes from every corner of the state. Check it out!

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Good to know. Do they have any one good at tuning? Are you going to the Cruise To The Woods?
I'll see if I can make it. No promises.
And it wasn't "80 bucks to be told I wasn't making much.".
It's literally a stock 350 with a mild cam. I wanted to see what it would make, regardless of the number. Nowhere to go but up from here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor