summit cams?

Status
Not open for further replies.

79elcaminoo

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 30, 2009
minnesota
what do you guys think about the summit cams? .488 .510 234 244? and what about 100 shot with that? any reasons i shouldnt do it?

NAILS

Apprentice
Feb 26, 2009
THE ROCK, NY
is your top end, bottom end ( entire motor i guess ) and rear end stock? if it is i can go on for a couple days telling you why you shouldnt add that cam and a 100 shot.

if you want to make a car fast, do it right- start from the ground up just like a house.

79elcaminoo

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 30, 2009
minnesota
no haha i know about that stuff i have the cam allready and a nineinch im was just woundering it theres anyreason it wont work with the cam

patmckinneyracing

Royal Smart Person
Jan 18, 2009
San Antonio, TX
From experience with my summit cam, I'm running the .442/.460 cam, the thing runs just as good as any other cam, are a good price, and are durable as hell. Summit uses the same cores as everyone else for their cams, so if one cam company is having quality control, they all are. I've been running my summit stick for about 2-3 years now, and there are other members on this forum who I've recommended these cams to, and they've been very happy with the results. As far as the 100 shot, I wouldn't fore see a problem with it. A 100 shot isn't that big compared to 250 shot or bigger. Other components are more likely to fail before a cam ever takes a sh** on you. I would also say give summit a call and verify all this with them. They'll be able to tell you which one of their cams will give you max numbers with your setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor