T5 Swap - questions please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
When you say shifter, do you mean the stick? If you were driving it, you must have a shifter. I went with the Pro 5.0 shifter for a Third Gen Camaro since it has stops. Obviously I haven't gotten to drive it yet but I'm pretty happy with it so far. I thought the Hurst shifter had been discontinued. If you are talking about what stick to use, I'm holding back on that until I have the Console in, but I think I'm going to use the stick that came with my Pro 5.0 shifter. I have pics in my build thread which I linked to earlier in here. Glad to hear the maiden voyage was good.

Reactions: 1 user

walshie

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 7, 2018
Definitely replacing the shifter! The hurst does not come with a stick so yes, I will need a new stick too.

I found the hurst shifter but after doing some reading, many people like the Pro 5.0 better.

Opinions welcomed.

Thanks re: maiden voyage. It certainly was exciting! Took me a while to get comfortable. The suspension is sloppy, that will be next fall/winter project.

1983calais

Master Mechanic
Feb 26, 2015
Tiffin, OH
Definitely replacing the shifter! The hurst does not come with a stick so yes, I will need a new stick too.

I found the hurst shifter but after doing some reading, many people like the Pro 5.0 better.

Opinions welcomed.

Thanks re: maiden voyage. It certainly was exciting! Took me a while to get comfortable. The suspension is sloppy, that will be next fall/winter project.
I have the Pro 5.0 on my T5 and I love it. Shifts great, has the stops for adjustment, shifter "stick" is perfect length, and price is nice compared to a hurst. When I was looking for a shifter I didn't find a hurst for a Camaro T5. Where are you finding one?

You won't regret buying the Pro 5.0 Shifter.

walshie

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 7, 2018
I found the shifter on the hurst website then found suppliers such as JEGS and several on ebay.
The base shifter does not come with a stick. Google: "hurst shifter 3916045"

Considering the rave review for the "pro 5.0 Shifter" and the fact it's at least $100 cheaper since it includes the stick, I will go with this model.

Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor