T56 6spd Manual Transmission install into a Gbody

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
What length was the driveshaft?
I have a custom 3" seamless chromeoly drive shaft that was built with Spicer 1350 Ujoints and a Spicer 1350 27 spline slipyoke..

Thanks for posting to good writeup, along with good photos. Do you know if the F body clutch hydraulics will work with the '78-'81 factory clutch pedal? Is there any kind of writeup, or thread on this? Also, I noticed that you're using a drive by cable throttle body on your Monte. Are you using the F body throttle cable, and if so, were there any issues with the fitment of that cable? Thanks again.
The cable is actually one from a 1999-2003 V8 full size truck with an LS Engine.

Some people have used that pedal, you have to make sure the rod that goes through the hole on the Master Cylinder Rod is in the correct spot, may have to install one.

Reactions: 1 user

peppers

Apprentice
Jan 29, 2017
I'm definitely going stick but now I'm not sure if i want to go ls. it looks so tiny in the engine bay lol. great writeup

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor