temp gauge

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoubleV

Royal Smart Person
Feb 25, 2011
Medina Ohio
Blue86Monte said:
So in a SBC there is also two sensors? Thus the one on the top of the coolant neck and the one on the DS of the block? What does the coolneck sensor check? Same question for the block...

Ask in the Monte section of the forums. This is the Oldsmobile section....

Blake442

Geezer
Apr 24, 2007
Minneapolis
digimurda said:
88hurstolds said:
digimurda said:
cool will try that this afternoon, but is it possible for it to be that even though the the gauge moves from min to max when grounded?
Then your sensor is bad or not hooked up properly, this should be a cheap 10 min fix... sensors are still available.

I've replaced it twice, but I've noticed that it does not screw in completely like the factory one or the one I replaced on the right, must be because it's a Autozone part?

Did you wrap the threads of the sensor with teflon tape prior to installation?
Too much tape can cause interference with how the sensor grounds itself thru the intake, and can lead to faulty readings, or none at all.
Try reinstalling it without any tape and see if it works.

digimurda

Greasemonkey
Sep 29, 2010
RHODE ISLAND
Ok!
thanks to all for the help and ideas!!!!!!!!!!! 8)
so i finally got it working :D
first, dont EVER buy anything from autozone, i bough a sensor twice from there and they were no good, or were not the actual part for my 442, i went to this local parts store named mclaughlins auto part which is known in rhode island for having close to oem parts, i bought the sensor off of them put it on and got my temp gauge reading, i also noticed this 1 wire plug thats been just hanging around that ended up being for the oil press gauge, i found wheer it was suppose to go pluged and also got my reading on the gauge, now all i need to get working is my gas level gauge, it reads full when its over a quarter tank full, and reads empty when less, it also at time drops when i accelarate a lil hard.

mheath717

Master Mechanic
Nov 13, 2008
Florida
digimurda said:
Ok!
first, dont EVER buy anything from autozone, i bough a sensor twice from there and they were no good, or were not the actual part for my 442, i went to this local parts store named mclaughlins auto part which is known in rhode island for having close to oem parts

75% of the parts on my car came from AutoZone, and I haven't had any issues with anything really. I actually bought temp sensor, and haven't had any issues with it either...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor