The "I'm Obsessive With Lawn Tractors" Thread

Nov 4, 2012
I decided to dive into making the hydraulic angle for the plow work. Found a generic cylinder from Surplus Center that was close to the oem one, got hoses and couplings from Tractor Supply and connectors from a local hydraulic shop. Had to do some massaging to the mounts to get the generic cylinder to fit but other than that I just had to plumb it.
20221201_144004.jpg
20221202_151016.jpg

20221202_151005.jpg

Reactions: 4 users

Ugly1

Royal Smart Person
Oct 26, 2021
Lost in the woods of NH
I decided to dive into making the hydraulic angle for the plow work. Found a generic cylinder from Surplus Center that was close to the oem one, got hoses and couplings from Tractor Supply and connectors from a local hydraulic shop. Had to do some massaging to the mounts to get the generic cylinder to fit but other than that I just had to plumb it.
View attachment 212173 View attachment 212170
View attachment 212171

Going to need a small backhoe next!

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Sad day.

One of the LT 1050s made its way to a new home. She was old, but led a good life. Had a disconnected and busted transaxle; some deck rust (ROT holes), missing parts - no shields, tore up steering wheel, and needed a good tune-up with valve adjustment and seat splits.

For all that made money hand over fist, was worth $200 to the guy who bought it. How can you say no? :friday:meanwhile, they plan to restore it so it's going to a hood home.

Reactions: 1 users

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
I guess I'm in this now.

Guy a street over had these for free. Saw them while out jogging. Both run, the Craftsman one is complete just needs a battery and some small stuff.

17.5hp on the Murray, 20hp Briggs & Stratton on the Craftsman. Something to tinker with..

20230130_173150.jpg

Reactions: 2 users

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
I guess I'm in this now.

Guy a street over had these for free. Saw them while out jogging. Both run, the Craftsman one is complete just needs a battery and some small stuff.

17.5hp on the Murray, 20hp Briggs & Stratton on the Craftsman. Something to tinker with..

View attachment 215211
Free is always good

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Metzger82

Greasemonkey
Dec 15, 2021
NW Ohio
I second ck80, free is the best price. That Craftsman reminds me of the one my grandparents used to have but I think that their Craftsman lawn tractor was the older green blue with the gold lettering.

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
I want to start a weed wacker thread, then we should have the bulk of the ICE yard implement threads going.

I’m feeling left out (can you tell?)

:friday:

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
Definitely not complaining about free and the all of 30 seconds to drive over. Took me longer to hook up the trailer. I've met the guy before so he recognized me, know your neighbors. I jog laps around the streets near my house so this also tells you to get your fat *ss out and exercise.. ;)

Goal is to get the Craftsman up to par and going good. So far it has gas in the oil, he had it running said it's something with a crankcase breather. I'll get into it eventually.

Yea, can do weed eaters and hedge trimmers haha.

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Definitely not complaining about free and the all of 30 seconds to drive over. Took me longer to hook up the trailer. I've met the guy before so he recognized me, know your neighbors. I jog laps around the streets near my house so this also tells you to get your fat *ss out and exercise.. ;)

Goal is to get the Craftsman up to par and going good. So far it has gas in the oil, he had it running said it's something with a crankcase breather. I'll get into it eventually.

Yea, can do weed eaters and hedge trimmers haha.
Just because you’re young doesn’t mean you have to rub it in.

I’m working on tuning up the wacker - catch ya on the flip side :):):)

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
Not meaning it in a bad way, just staying active. I know plenty of people younger than me that don't do anything, down the road that will take it's toll.

I meant what I said in the sense of doing something good and you're in the right place at the right time. Like seeing one of them freak accidents because someone was out smoking and they got hit by an airplane. Good time to quit smoking.. ;)

• Haha

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor