BUILD THREAD “The Juggernaut”

scoti

Royal Smart Person
Sep 5, 2019
Texas
I'll be that guy....

With the exhaust as short as it is (exiting in front of the rear wheels) as well as the larger diameter it is..... Why run the cut-outs @ all?
Seems like an unnecessary addition.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

Cauterize

Floater of Valves
Supporting Member
Feb 9, 2019
Deathbridge
I'll be that guy....

With the exhaust as short as it is (exiting in front of the rear wheels) as well as the larger diameter it is..... Why run the cut-outs @ all?
Moar louder?

• Winner
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
I'll be that guy....

Well, if I have to explain then you probably wouldn’t understand.
🤣
I mean c’mon, just picture it:
Second or third gear on the six speed, wide open throttle, close to 500 ponies and 462 cubic inches of pissed off big block Olds singing through 3” pipes off open headers?
Why not?!?!?

• Winner
  • Love
Reactions: 8 users

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
🤣
Second or third gear on the six speed, wide open throttle, close to 500 ponies and 462 cubic inches of pissed off big block Olds singing through 3” pipes off open headers?
Why not?!?!?
jizz in my pants GIF

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Pages back you battled with seat 'levelness', and also you moved the seat back. Damn, do I remember that pain. Of course my solution is no where near as pretty as yours, but similar in design only. 4 times I had the seat in and out tack welded to get it on the right plane (front to back) for comfort and trying to get the seat to be straight with the steering level and not be leaning to the left. But, I'm going to follow your lead and make a cleaner and lighter setup. I was proud that my factory sliders still function haha.

heads up on the conversation about the v-bands vs flange exhaust joints. - the v-bands are a large OD. The 4" I require more than 5" of space. I use them for the ease of remove and reinstall time. I can remove the exhaust and install the short pipe in less than 5 minutes (no gaskets/silicone to contend with). And I'm not attaching pics of my ugly crap on your thread for reference ;)
I mig on the v-bands. It's easy to make them look good. The only issue is stainless v-bands on to mild steel - what wire and gas to use????

Reactions: 1 users

scoti

Royal Smart Person
Sep 5, 2019
Texas
🤣
Why not?!?!?
Gotcha. I prefer doing all the same antics w/o the volume @ 11.

Reactions: 1 user

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Gotcha. I prefer doing all the same antics w/o the volume @ 11.

And that’s cool too, I fully understand believe me. The older I get the less tolerance for noise I seem to have. But it’s always nice to have the option to run open headers if I want. If nothing else, it’ll be great to have to drown out the idiot tuner kid in his backfiring Honduh at the light next to you.

Also, the cutouts don’t necessarily need to be wide open when used. I plan on wiring them to a momentary toggle switch, so as long as the switch is held, they will open. But that way I will also be able to just crack them open a little bit and change the sound of the car without going full obnoxious if I want.

Reactions: 2 users

Northernregal

Sloppy McRodbender
Oct 24, 2017
Red Deer, Northern Montana territory
And that’s cool too, I fully understand believe me. The older I get the less tolerance for noise I seem to have. But it’s always nice to have the option to run open headers if I want. If nothing else, it’ll be great to have to drown out the idiot tuner kid in his backfiring Honduh at the light next to you.

Also, the cutouts don’t necessarily need to be wide open when used. I plan on wiring them to a momentary toggle switch, so as long as the switch is held, they will open. But that way I will also be able to just crack them open a little bit and change the sound of the car without going full obnoxious if I want.
Do you have a plan for the H bridge relay that you need to make that switch work? I looked into that for mine and it's pretty much a complicated bummer.

Reactions: 1 user

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor