BUILD THREAD “The Juggernaut”

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Do you have a plan for the H bridge relay that you need to make that switch work? I looked into that for mine and it's pretty much a complicated bummer.
No I don’t, this is the first I’ve heard of this. What’s the big deal? The motors aren’t high amp draw, I don’t see the need to run them through a relay unless there’s something I’m missing?

Reactions: 1 users

Tony1968

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Jul 1, 2018
NW Indiana
Not familiar with cut out wiring but it's possible it needs power to open and close. I would think that you need a 3 position momentary toggle at least

Northernregal

Sloppy McRodbender
Oct 24, 2017
Red Deer, Northern Montana territory
No I don’t, this is the first I’ve heard of this. What’s the big deal? The motors aren’t high amp draw, I don’t see the need to run them through a relay unless there’s something I’m missing?

Bi-directional DC motor needs some sort of H bridge, not relay (my bad). I was gonna get Holley to run mine from the ECU but ran into this and got frustrated. I was hoping you had some kind of secret solution I could use.

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Bi-directional DC motor needs some sort of H bridge, not relay (my bad). I was gonna get Holley to run mine from the ECU but ran into this and got frustrated. I was hoping you had some kind of secret solution I could use.

Thanks for the heads up on this. A quick interwebz search turned up a site where somebody had posted a link to this:

Looks like I’m not the only one who has considered wiring cutouts this way, there’s a switching polarity controller box available for just this purpose.

A89E393D-7B1D-4C17-94A4-0261328F405E.png

Not sure how or if you could incorporate this into your build, but this would certainly work for me. The video is somewhat informative as well, multiple ways to wire the switch(es) and the opening and closing times are programmable.

• Winner
  • Informative
Reactions: 2 users

random_farmhick

Apprentice
Dec 13, 2020
Many door lock or window switches will work that way too, so you could just find the ones you like, OEM or aftermarket and wire them up like a window motor.

• Winner
Reactions: 2 users

Tony1968

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Jul 1, 2018
NW Indiana
Got a pic?
Many online. Used to work on DC motors for bridges when I was in Chicago. I'm talking about 600vdc and massive 150hp motors and gearing some of which was made in the 1800's. Relays and motor starters/contactors all worked similarly. However the link D provided has stuff that would more suit what he needs at a higher cost.
Also what random farmhick stated would possibly work as well. Do these cut out motors have end of line switching???

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
Way more complicated than it needs to be.

You simply need two single pole relays, and a couple of diodes.
Hell for that matter, you could probably just use a power window switch. They operate the same exact way....

• Informative
Reactions: 3 users

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
i have the set up you posted,that switch isn't on/off/on,you can have it open a little or a lot.

• Informative

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor