BUILD THREAD “The Juggernaut”

Great use of the boneyard.it used to be that if you wanted something you had to find it in a yard and modify it to fit your car that's when you knew that you were a gear head. I kinda miss that. You were always learning new skills and being inventive and creative.

Looks great. I love the mods that look factory, and are Yardley noticed. This way when you tell someone about it, they have that "oh yeah?!" Look on their face.

the SMC repair are gonna come in different sizes,cure times, and sanding ability. so if you have a large project with lots of fitting and clamping you might want to choose one with a longer cure time and rigid repair and if your just filling small holes and imperfections in the SMC you would want to go with the cosmetic repair

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: 1 user
Is there a # that 3M uses for this product you are using, searching online I come up with more than 1 number? (55885, 08275, 05883, 08237, 05885) just to name a few, maybe these different numbers are different size tubes?

Mark

Mark,
Sorry I didn't post the 3M part #'s before, I'm usually not in the garage when I update the thread and don't have the #'s in front of me.

I can't speak as to the other 3M #'s you listed, but I suspect they're different products for compatibility with different plastic types. Here's what I'm using.
It's 3M's Automix system with the dispensing gun. While its not totally necessary to have the gun to use the product, it makes life a whole lot easier and is used with the other products I use on the car (panel bond adhesive, seam sealer etc) so for me, it made sense to invest in buying the gun.
image.jpeg

The bag in the foreground is spare mixing tips that I usually pick up at the same time as each tip is a one use only deal. (The product does come with 3 tips included).

The ridgid parts repair product I'm using with the SMC on the header panel is 3M Automix p/n 05885, in a 6.75 fl oz (200 ml) size.
image.jpeg

This is not the only product that's necessarily compatible with SMC, but it's the one that was recommended to me by my supplier.
Here's some of the other products I've used on the car.
image.jpeg

Hope this helps you out.
Thanks for following
Donovan

• Informative
Donovan,

first time commentator , long time follower.....your work and attention to detail is off the charts... my hat off to you sir.

thank you for your post's and the inspiration for us all.

Dave

Donovan,

first time commentator , long time follower.....your work and attention to detail is off the charts... my hat off to you sir.

thank you for your post's and the inspiration for us all.

Dave
Dave,
Whether first time or thousandth time commenter, I welcome your comments and feedback. Thanks for the positive response!
As I've said before, I enjoy sharing my progress (as glacial as it might be :oops:), but the encouragement and comments from you all definitely makes it worthwhile.
Looking forward to hearing more from you in the future.
Donovan

Looks great. I love the mods that look factory, and are Yardley noticed. This way when you tell someone about it, they have that "oh yeah?!" Look on their face.
Thanks Jim.
I agree, the less obvious modifications are definitely the more enjoyable ones to perform, but they can also be among the most difficult to pull off successfully.
It would/will(?) be a riot to park this thing next to a completely stock version of the same car and say to people
"Ok. These two cars are the exact same year, make and model. Now start looking around, and see if you can tell what's been changed."
You'd have them pointing out stuff for hours...
Lol

• Agree
I still wish I had you as my neighbor... Just to see the "Mastermind" at work... lol Keep it up. My car is still sitting in the garage taken apart. doing upper and lower control arms. Just wish i had time after work to work on it. Family and daily drivers take precedence. Plus i'm stuck on how to take off the lower control arms. spring compressor doesnt fit in there the way it should.... lol Keep up the great work and keep the updates comming... Your build is like a soap opera.... "WHAT WILL HE DO NEXT" LOL keeping us in suspense.

Reactions: 1 users
I have done. Cars where guys would come up and find some modifications, then claim how they were rare factory options, lol.

• Winner

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor