The mystery of the Pontiac Aztek solved...

Status
Not open for further replies.

oranGekrate

Greasemonkey
Oct 25, 2012
Fredericksburg, VA
I like the Aztek. I worked in pontiac sales when they came out. When the first shipment showed up on the lot. The sales force were all scratching our heads on the sales pitch. I always thought they were ahead of the styling times. I sold a couple to hipsters using that as a pitch. They were a tough sale though. Aztek has garnered a small cult following since those days. I'd totally drive a loaded AWD creampuff if I could find one.

Reactions: 1 user

Opie Knievel

Rum Fueled Midnight Mechanic and Moderator
Sep 6, 2010
Brodhead, Kentucky
I remember Walter White driving one on Breaking Bad. What a POS. What the f**k were the GM executives thinking?? :blam:

If you remember, Walt ended up selling his for $50 to the garage that repaired it after he got in the collision with the SUV. Lol.

Reactions: 1 users

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
If you remember, Walt ended up selling his for $50 to the garage that repaired it after he got in the collision with the SUV. Lol.
I forgot that part. He ran that thing to the ground. I like what he ended up doing to that Challenger.

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
I like the Aztek. I worked in pontiac sales when they came out. When the first shipment showed up on the lot. The sales force were all scratching our heads on the sales pitch. I always thought they were ahead of the styling times. I sold a couple to hipsters using that as a pitch. They were a tough sale though. Aztek has garnered a small cult following since those days. I'd totally drive a loaded AWD creampuff if I could find one.
With a few custom touches and a set of nice wheels they really don't look that terrible. I believe they also had a camper option. The rear lid opened and had a tent. That was pretty cool.
Like any other oddball car, I'm not surprised that they have their own following.

oranGekrate

Greasemonkey
Oct 25, 2012
Fredericksburg, VA
With a few custom touches and a set of nice wheels they really don't look that terrible. I believe they also had a camper option. The rear lid opened and had a tent. That was pretty cool.
Like any other oddball car, they must have their own following.
They were cool. HUD option, dual climate, Slide out storage tray. Air mattress, a cooler for a console, a rear power jack. And the tailgate had cupholders and butt seats built in. Whats not to like? Oh yea, the looks.

timbo512

Apprentice
Feb 27, 2018
We had the Aztecs slightly hotter twin sister. The Buick Rendezvous. 3 rows, HUD, power everything. But still a minivan under that covers.
cars-buick-rendezvous-2005-285979.jpg

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
They were cool. HUD option, dual climate, Slide out storage tray. Air mattress, a cooler for a console, a rear power jack. And the tailgate had cupholders and butt seats built in. Whats not to like? Oh yea, the looks.
They did have some nice features, I don't dispute that....but they were kinda chunky looking...if that's a proper term to use for it's unique styling.

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
We had the Aztecs slightly hotter twin sister. The Buick Rendezvous. 3 rows, HUD, power everything. But still a minivan under that covers.
The Buick version kinda looks more stylish...or am I imagining?

oranGekrate

Greasemonkey
Oct 25, 2012
Fredericksburg, VA

Same platform as the Aztek. I sold the s**t out of those to all the hot soccer moms.

I think they should have put the 3.8 in both with SC option. The Aztek would have sold many more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor