The "Other" Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
Finally got most of the interior back together.
Got the correct info from all that replied regarding the brake light switch so I ran out and got a new one today. All thats left in the interior is one wire needs to get plugged in for power to the stereo and I have to order a set of sill plates since I damaged one while it was off.
Consoles bolted down, shifters finished, gauges all have power. Little by little its moving along. I was hoping to have all this done by Memorial Day but the whole leg issued screwed up my plans.
So Tuesday morning I have a short list of stuff to order. Sill plates, rear plate pocket and a set of battery cables. Found a place in AZ that custom makes cables. They even had 45 or 90 degree lugs instead of the straight type. Maybe in a couple of weeks this car will finally be finished.

IMG_2502.JPG
IMG_2503.JPG

Reactions: 10 users

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
Got my plate pocket and trim back this morning. I was going to spray it myself but since Ive got this leg issue I figured it would be easier to have it done by a shop I deal with. Took a few days to get it back but at least its in paint. I mounted the LEDs and soldered up the wires. Started to play around mounting it but my leg started to swell so tomorrows another day.
I will say its a pretty well made piece and it fits pretty nice.

IMG_2531 (002).JPG

Reactions: 1 users

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
Looks great mitch!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
Cleaned up one of the rear wheels today. Some Mothers Aluminum polish followed by Mothers Billet and a few minutes of rubbing. I bought these rims in 2001. They have some scratches but overall not too shabby.. LOL

IMG_2554.JPG
IMG_2556.JPG

Reactions: 1 user

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
Finally bought the battery cables for my car. I used the order page online. You can have any cable custom made. The company is CE Auto Electric in AZ.
I placed the order on Sat just after noon. I spoke to the owner and he said they were closing a little early on Sat but they would probably go out Monday. Later that night I get an email saying they were shipped. They were in todays mail. Pretty fast if you ask me.
I went with 2 AWG instead of 4 which was close to the OEM metric cable. This stuff is very flexible. 2989 strands of tinned copper. I used black cable with a red terminal for positive and its got red heavy shrink at the lug for the starter.
The only thing I goofed on was the pigtail coming off the negative terminal. I measured the old one off the end of the terminal and I should have measured off the center of the bolt. Worst case I add a little piece. I dont want another hole on the jamb of the fender. Theres also two pieces of what they call Mega Shrink on the positive. Since Im running the cable along the frame if comes close to the corner of the motor mount. Once I figure out exactly where it goes Im adding the piece of shrink to the cable just as a little added protection in case it ever rubs but I doubt it will. Better safe than sorry. I had them add two pieces just in case I want to double it up.
The long red wire is 10 ga thats going to the left side to a junction box.

IMG_2566.JPG
IMG_2567.JPG
IMG_2569.JPG
IMG_2570.JPG

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor